Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaelangelo96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Can I connect a compressor that is window type aircon to my car and used 134a or can
    I wan to make changes to my aircon of my car I will use a compressor from a window type aircon and used r 22 to the system is this going to work.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
    window type aircon
    Does that mean a window type home air conditioner?

If so, I have to ask "Is this a serious question?"
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2012, 02:30 PM
    There is no way to make that work because the entire system is designed for a certain coil size and metering device. Plus, a car AC has about a 24,000 BTU compressor depending on the size of the car. You would need a central AC system to get the same capacity and you would never fit it in a car. On top of all that the pressures would be so high that the hoses would explode. The high side would go to around 450 psi.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daikin converter aircon compressor not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have daikin converter aircon only the indoor unit is working, but the compressor or the outdoor unit is not working

How do you get window paint made for decorating car windows off the actual car? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend and I painted on our friends car with window paint from the drug store and the paint came off the windows but not the actual car. You can still faintly see the outline of the paint on the car. Our friend said we have to pay $159 dollars to get the car buffed. Is there any other way to...

What type of compressor [ 0 Answers ]

What kinds of compressor? with images.if you can pliz And for what use each ?

Aircon compressor not starting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all; I have a 12000btu airconditioner, when I start the unit on cooling the compressor hums then stops, I have checked run start & common, they are all fine, I have changed the start & run capacitors but still the compressor will not kick in, I am trying to regas the unit, So I must keep it on...

View more questions Search