Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephirenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Post construction cleaning price
    I have an estimate to do on the largest job for me so far. Have only done a few post construction homes. This is a 10,000 sq ft warehouse/office with 4 sets of bathrooms, 4-5 fixtures each. Basic floor cleanup(carpet, laminate, concrete. Many doors and garage doors ti wipe down and only going up 12 ft on walls. 91 windows that will need ladder or scissor lift. What should I price per sq ft for office/bathroom areas? And windows separate?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 12:13 AM
    The windows generally go for $2.50 per pane per side; in and out one pane= $5.00 total. If there are stickers on these windows then those windows are $5.00 per the side that has these stickers.

Do you have the basic equipment? Vacs, carpet cleaning machine, chemicals, brute barrels, cloths, etc?

Get a price for renting the scissors for as many days as you feel you need it.

Add all your costs for equipment, supplies, taxes, labor, insurance, profit (generally 10% to 15% to be competitive), etc.

Figure the price two ways to be sure; hourly and per sq ft.

Hourly; All your costs and profit and figure that you can do general cleaning at about 1,800 to 2,000 sq ft per hour, about 6 - 7 hours total. Then figure the time for the high work with the scissors including profit and labor and all the other expenses.

I would suggest approximately $0.25 to $0.28 per sq ft. for the general cleaning. Important, stay within the budgeted hours or you will lose money.

All prices suggested are just that a suggestion as there are so many variances; competition, union/non-union, location, other costs, etc.

Make sure that there is a dumpster to put the trash in, usually supplied by the client. If not charge for this also.

Stringer
    Stephirenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Thank you so much, Stringer! I'm in suburban TN. Each window pane is 4' x 4' and the area to be cleaned is the office complex portion within the warehouse. The only trash that I've seen is paper on the floors. We mainly do residential and apartment complex cleaning, so this would be a bit different but doable. We have all the materials except for a lift(can use ladders if necessary). The contractor said he knew it would take several days to complete, so I'm struggling with # of workers needed and overall price.
    Business Expert

Mar 5, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephirenee View Post
    Thank you so much, Stringer! I'm in suburban TN. Each window pane is 4' x 4' and the area to be cleaned is the office complex portion within the warehouse. The only trash that I've seen is paper on the floors. We mainly do residential and apartment complex cleaning, so this would be a bit different but doable. We have all the materials except for a lift(can use ladders if necessary). The contractor said he knew it would take several days to complete, so I'm struggling with # of workers needed and overall price.
    You are welcome Steph.

The info I gave you was general, as I said I haven't seen the scope or the specifications which is where all the real definition of the details are.

If he is saying it will take 3+ days then it appears that there is much more detail.

Do you have specs? Can you post the 'specification' portion of the bid so I can look it over?

What type of flooring is there? Carpet, VCT, Ceramic, etc and how much (percentage) of each type? Do you have to do any carpet cleaning scrubbing and re-coating of the VCT, etc?

Stringer
    cs in swfl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 04:11 AM
    Hi Stringer,

I have my first post construction job and would like to know how much to charge a rough clean and final clean. What would a rough clean typically cover and how much time should I allow and cost. The same for a final clean. Any help would be much appreciated and if there are websites that you can direct me to I would greatly appreciate it. I want to know everything I can before commencing on these jobs.

CS in SWFL
    Business Expert

Jul 5, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Hi CS,

Everything is relative my friend; size. Specifications, type/s of flooring, windows/height, duct work included?

All this affects pricing.

Try Janitorial Store - commercial cleaning tips and success tools for small cleaning companies

Stringer
    cs in swfl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Hi Stringer,

Thank you for your reply and appreciate the link. I came across your site when doing research on bidding post construction clean up. I did my first with information that I gathered. I live in Southwest Florida and was contacted by a builder for a rough clean/final clean on a 2200 square foot home. They were in a bind because they fired their cleaning company that they had been using. So here are the details on this home. 22 windows with labels, clean tracks, and clean floor Travertine Tile, garage (not responsible for garbage removal). The rough clean estimated at $450 and final clean $275. I will now go use the link that you provided and see how I did.

Thank you once again.
    Cs
    Business Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 08:48 PM
    I hope you have done well, let me know.

Sorry for the late response I was on vacation for a few weeks, just got back.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post construction cleaning price ? [ 6 Answers ]

Much per sq ft do I charge for post construction cleaning of an office building 4500 sq ft. floors & windows? This is in southeast Alabama

New construction cleaning price Pennsylvania? [ 5 Answers ]

Wanting info on rates for new construction cleaning in Pennsylvania. Any info would be appreciated. Thank u. Also, are windows included in the pricing or an additional fee?

Post-Construction Cleaning and Pre-Construction Cleaning Pricing [ 7 Answers ]

I have a cleaning company and will need to come up with a price per unit 1 bedroom post construction cleaning and pre construction cleaning> I will be entering the unit 2 times I'm not sure what to charge?

Construction cleaning price per square foot I have an opportunity [ 1 Answers ]

I have an opportunity to give a bid on cleaning a Bldg. . It was a training facility for construction and there is grain sized to large I-Beam type of a mess. They want a general clean with some heavy stain on VCT type tile removed as best as can with out too much trouble,They will supply the...

What to price commercial post construction cleaning per square foot [ 1 Answers ]

I own a cleaning company in West Chester, PA, an affluent suburb of Philadelphia. I have been in business for four and a half years now. We mainly do regular, move in/move out, and one time cleaning of homes and offices. I have done a couple commercial and post construction jobs over the years...

View more questions Search