Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torrence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 09:09 PM
    How does Shakepeare's poem satirize this kind of love poetry?
    How does Shakespeare's poem satirize this kind of love poetry? Note that Shakespeare adapted Petrarch's formal presentation. The English/Shakespearian sonnet consists of three quatrains and a concluding couplet, rhymed abab cdcd efef gg. This sonnet establishes an issue/problem in the first three quatrains and the resolves it in the sestet or final couplet. Because the "solution" had to be presented in two lines, rather than six, the speaker/poet often presents the solution or resolution as a witty paradox.

Check out some similar questions!

Will she like this note/poem I wrote about her? [ 3 Answers ]

I wrote this last night about my friend I'm falling for and I'm sure feels something for me too. She tells me that the way I'm so easily entertained makes her happy and she asked where have I been all her life. I know she is the kind of girl that finds poetry and other such writings cute. I am not...

Kind of a poem [ 3 Answers ]

Hen I think of you, I wonder how you’re doing When I hear you, I become speechless When I see you, my heart starts beating When I touch you, I can’t stop When I kiss you, I want more We argue like were married We spend time together like we’ve known each other forever We make up like...

Love Poem [ 2 Answers ]

Love Poem Susie Lee Done Fell In Love; She Planned To Marry Joe. She Was So Happy 'bout It All She Told Her Pappy So. Pappy Told Her, Susie Gal, You'll Have To Find Another. I'd Just As Soon Yo' Ma Don't Know, But Joe Is Yo' Half Brother.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.