Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary1020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 08:07 PM
    How do I leave my husband?
    We've been married since I was 16 I got pregnant had a baby now 2 and I'm 19 but I'm so unhappy with him he's so mean and belittles me so much he's so mad all the time and always blames it on me he insults me and is always always questioning my every move I want to leave him but don't know how I don't have a job I'm a fulltime prenursing student I do have my CNA but I don't know if that would bring in a good enough income to maintain me and my daughter till I graduate with a degree... what do I do?should I wait till I've earned my degree?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Where is your family in all this?
    Mary1020 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 08:31 PM
    My dad is a pastor and he's completley against divorce or separation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2012, 08:35 PM
    I'm going to somewhat harsh here. So you probably aren't going to like what I'm going to say.

So you had sex with this guy probably when you were underage. The guy agreed to marry you and support your child. Probably wasn't happy about having to give up his life. So this is the path you risked by agreeing to have sex with him.

So I'm going to say to go for counseling, try to save your marriage. If you can't by the time you graduate, then you can see about divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary1020
    My dad is a pastor and he's completley against divorce or seperation.
    Well that explains the marriage. So your father forced you into marriage? You are now an adult you don't have to answer to him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 08:40 PM
    My dad was a pastor too. (What denomination is yours?)

Scott mentioned counseling. If your husband won't go, will you go alone? You need to have an unbiased person help you sort this out.
    KellyC7 Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Mar 4, 2012, 08:45 PM
    I agree with Scott and Wondergirl 100%. You should take it one step at a time with a counselor to help lessen, or resolve these issues and help make it more of a peaceful environment for your child.

The counselor will be understanding of your father's religious beliefs, as well as your own and your husband's. They will assist you accordingly. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave my husband? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years, and I'm just not sure if we should really be together. We have never been intimate in the 5 years we have been together, and when I bring it up with him, he just apologizes and says that it's his fault and he will do better, but still nothing...

Should I leave my husband [ 31 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My husband and I have been married for ten years. It has been rocky from the very beginning. In the past, whenever we would get into an argument, he would become physically violent. A couple of years ago, he bit a plug out of my hand, and it required medical treatment. I...

Should I leave my husband? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I have ben together for 18 yrs (since I was 19 and he was 17). He has always had issues (mother died when he was 6, father was a trucker and never home, raised by old fashioned grandparents). The problem is his so called "attitude". He comes home from work, hits the bed, doesn't get...

Husband does not want to leave [ 3 Answers ]

I started the divorce process on Oct. 3rd. My soon to be ex-h refuses to leave until the divorce is final. Is there anyway I can get him out before then?

Should I leave my husband [ 25 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years and have two young children, I'm finding it hard to keep up with the house work and look after our children and do family day care at home and find time for myself. I continually ask my husband to help out more but he complains that he is to tired...

View more questions Search