Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinderella6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 04:20 PM
    1958 Wall Gas/broiler Venting Question
    Hi;
    My house had a double Gas wall oven, top for baking bottom for broiling (or setting house on fire) which was removed 20 years ago.

Outside, above the range is what looks like a stink pipe, similar to plumbing venting.

There was no range and the kitchen van vents directly into the attic.

My question is what is that pipe for, possibley the long gone gas oven?

I ask because it appears to be leaking a bit of water and it is not unthinkable the contractor cut the pipe and left the extra bits hanging.

Repairs of the cracking would be different and I just would like an idea if it was a gas pipe vent

Ty

Check out some similar questions!

Venting Built-In Gas Wall Ovens [ 5 Answers ]

I am replaing an existing double gas wall oven that vents through a 5" circular metal vent to the attic and then through the roof. The old ove actually has a 5" diameter hole in the top of the oven where the metal vent connects. The new Maytag 24" double gas oven has no way to connect to the...

Bathroom venting through an outside wall. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2 story house and I wanted to add a toilet and sink to the main floor. There is currently no venting to this location, and I wanted to know if it's possible to add a vent directly through the outside wall. There are no other windows or doors on this end of the house.Is it possible to do...

Venting a gas wall heater [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I manage apts. In California and all units have gas wall heaters. MANY are original from the late 50's & 60's, when they were built, so some are very old. Occasionally we run across an apt. that has gry-black, grimy soot, built up on all the walls, esp. ceiling & corners. These are...

I have an old wall gas heater that is depositing a plume of gray on the wall above [ 1 Answers ]

This old wall gas heater, about 60's, is depositing a plume of gray on the wall and onto the ceiling above the unit. The service man has already told me that they is nothing that can be done about the soot/discoloration on the walls in the room. He assures me that the gas heater is working...

Venting into an inside wall [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a YURT. We are building rooms inside. We do NOT want to put any holes in the walls or roof for the bathroom vent, but DO want an inside bathroom. Would it work if we vented between the walls? Where we live, a composting toilet is not an option. Thank you for any advice on how...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.