Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindaOswegoNY48 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 01:23 PM
    What happened re. Your divorce & custody of your children?
    I've been legally separated for more than 20 years because my divorce case is so complicated & a divorce would be too costly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Sorry no divorce case is that complicated Esp after 20 years, by this point, all the kids are over 20 so there is no custody issues, at this point all property would have been divided by use.

I can not see any reason for much issue after 20 years
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2012, 02:09 PM
    I'm in NY - what is so complicated? Your Separation Agreement addresses all of the issues and you file for divorce using that SA as the grounds. The terms of the SA turn into the terms of the divorce. That includes custody, support, all financial issues. If the SA is outdated (for whatever reason) you should enter into another agreement. Likewise, if a change in the law changes your SA it is no longer valid if you now use it as a basis for a divorce.

I'm also in NY - and I'm familiar with Oswego.

Anyway, what is the complication?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce, DNA, & child custody! HELP! [ 18 Answers ]

When I was 19 I found out I was pregnant with my first son, 2 weeks later I married his father because my mom pushed us too. We have been married 4 years and its been a rough marriage because we are both very unhappy. We fight all the time and just cannot get along in front of our child. Last...

Divorce happened or not. [ 1 Answers ]

Before this Ramadan I said to my wife two times that I divorce you. But I never wanted to do so. She left home for ten days and now she had come back and living with me. Although we have not done any sexual intercourse as she says that she does not wish to do so. But before this many months ago I...

Divorce happened or not [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was very angry and he say word divorce three times I have periods that time is divorce happened or not if happened what is its solution? Can we marriage again

Divorce, child custody & support [ 1 Answers ]

What if I don't have money for an attorney, is there another way to file for divorce, custody, and support?

Do I still get alimony if husband takes custody of children after the divorce [ 3 Answers ]

When I got divorced we both got joint custody of children and I got child support and alimony awarded to me for 3 and a half years after,my ex took me back to court and gained custody of children should he still be paying me alimony?

View more questions Search