Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wesley.1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 12:37 PM
    Felon wants to start a business?
    I want to start my own business. I do have a record I have 3 felonys but I have stayed out of trouble since 1998.I was hoping to start a Taxi business.Is there anyone out there that can lead me to the track? Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 01:00 PM
    What country? If in the US what state and even what city since there will be state and local license requirements
    PghPainter Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
    The idea that there is a slew of money waiting for ex-cons to start businesses is false. If you are counting on grants to start a business, you are likely out of luck. Check into your local university (not community college) and see if they have a small business development center. They can assist you with writing your business plan and finding funding. This is usually a free service. In addition, they are sure to know if there are any initiatives to assist ex-cons. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I know that Pitt had a program specifically for ex-cons with an entrepreneurial spirit. Though there were no grants, they assisted with developing a solid business plan with financials and had lending institutions who were willing to look the plans over for potential funding.

Hope this helps.
    syjmoore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Does anyone know if a ex felon start a non profit in Pennsylvania? I'm been out of the system since 1994.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does an ex-felon get a grant to start a business [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon and I would like some information on receiving grants or help in opening a business

Help! Felon wants to Start a Business [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to start a business. I was released from federal prison in 12/07. I will be off paper / probation in 08/11. I have stayed clear of any trouble and have done everything to put myself in a position to open my own Auto Detail shop. My FICO score is 740 but debt to income ratio is right at...

Is there a small window opening for a felon to ask for a grant to start a business ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am checking to see if my son is able to apply for a gov. grant to start a business and if so is there a small window opportunity to get it. His release date is July of 2011.

A grant for a ex-felon to start a business? [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for funding to fuel my dream into becoming a business owner. My field surrounds air-brushin and silk screening as well as graphic art. Sincerely,willie amos of fort wayne ind.

View more questions Search