Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojololo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2012, 04:38 AM
    I found two pea sized lumps under my 3 year old left ear. I'm little worried
    She had a cold recently is there any relation
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2012, 05:22 AM
    In all probability it was a lymph node, our body's first line of defense when an infection is around. The lymph nodes catch the infection, trap it, and then it is destroyed by our white blood cells. Pretty basic description I know, but this is how it works and you said your daughter recently had a cold, a low grade infection.

We have several lymph nodes distributed throughout our body, one or two located in the neck area just under the ear becoming apparent when we are ill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pea sized lump on vagina? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello am 20 years old and today I have found a pea sized lump on the outer right lip of my vagina which is really hard... this definatley was not there yesterday.it is very sore to touch and even without touching it it still hurts am very confused and a little worried does anyone have any ideas...

Pea sized lump behind the ear? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a round shape small bump behind the ear. Is this visible on a brain mri, or eeg or mra. Thanks.

I found a pea size lump under the skin on my left lip next to my vagina. What is is [ 0 Answers ]

I found a pea size lump under the skin on my left lip next to my vagina. I don't think it is an ingrown hair because it has been there a couple of weeks. What is this? Should I be concerned?

Pea sized lump on penis [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson age 2, has a pea size lump in the middle of his penis. Any idea what it is. Thanks

Pea-sized lump [ 1 Answers ]

My son, 7 months old, has a smal pea-sized lump on the back left side of his head. It is not fixed in place, I can move it around with my finger. I do think it's attached to the underside of the skin. What is it? Should I be worried?

View more questions Search