Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saldennis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Murray Riding Lawnmower
    I have a Murray Riding Lawnmower. I can not get it to go into Reverse. Can the transmittion be repaired.
    Sally
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Mar 4, 2012, 06:54 AM
    To answer your question, yes the transmission can be repaired. But I would suspect that it might be a linkage problem. Put the shifting lever in reverse and then look underneath at the transaxle to see if it can be moved any further. You may have to unhook the linkage to see. Make sure the mower is not running first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Riding Lawnmower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Have a murray riding lawn mower can not get to stay running, I emptied the gas tank and the little bowl under carburator. Put new fuel and still will not start. If I put fuel in the carburator it will start but will not keep running. What else can I do?

Murray Riding Lawnmower 40606X8A [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray Riding Lawnmower model number 40606X8A yr code 0880. I need to know what the part number for the clutch spring is. I need to find one for it. My mower cranks and runs, it just won't move. Can anyone help me out with this?

About murray riding lawnmower [ 5 Answers ]

How do I test the safety switch or bypass it to see if that is what it is.Why would it crank while sitting on it ,but know matter what gear it is in(even neutral) it cuts off ,but if you push in clutch/brake quickly it will stay cranked ?

Murray Riding Lawnmower [ 3 Answers ]

My Question is That my Lawnmower will crank but when you release the clutch/brake it dies! Why would it do this?

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

View more questions Search