Ask
    frankylopez Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 3, 2012, 03:07 PM
    1998 Honda Accord--no start, good spark but spark plugs wet with fuel
    Help with why plugs wet with fuel
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Try replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Coat the back of the new ICM with silcone heat transfer grease. With a failing ICM, you can have spark and wet plugs, because it's not firing when the ECM wants it to. In otherwords, the timing is off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 Accord, new distributor, plugs, wires, fuel pump, no spark? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello.. I have a 1991 Honda accord that just got a head gasket re-done. Using a 12V light tester, I have power on the battery side (with a steady light), the other end of the coil wire I hear is supposed to pulse (on the ignition side) but I get no power or light. I've changed the distributor,...

1998 honda crv stall when driving. Replaced ignition already and spark plugs [ 3 Answers ]

1998 honda crv stalling when driving.It takes 2-3 tries when starting vehicle after this occurs. Replaced the ignition switch recently and had the spark plugs changed last year. Mileage approximately 128,000. Please help.

Has fuel has spark Crank no start 92 honda accord [ 4 Answers ]

Replaced fuel filter checked fuel pressure, compression, even replaced ignition switch car has good strong spark at all cylinders, checked the TPS senser with a DVOM all is good. Has fuel spark compression cranks but no start...

94 honda accord no spark no fuel good main relay [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I just replaced the water pump head gasket timing belt and engine harness on my 94 accord ex. Now I get no spark and fuel. I had the same problem before my mechanic said I had a short in engine harness he ran a wire from where the harness splits by the firewall to the blk & yellow in the...

92 Honda Accord/no start/good spark/ k-test [ 19 Answers ]

My 92 honda accord will not start. A quick spray with starting fluid and she runs, meaning good spark, compression, timing etc... All fueses checks good. The main relay only clicks once when the ignition is turned on and has been replaced with one out of a running car. If you jump the grn/blk...

View more questions Search