Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chilling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Credit card interest
    If I am paying 17.9 annual percentage rate on one cedit card and paying 8.9 annual percentage rate on a second credit am I paying 26.8 monthly?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 3, 2012, 12:26 PM
    No.
    You are paying 17.9% yearly on one card and 8.9% yearly on the other.
    You can't figure out a total % rate, at least not easily. It depends on how much you charged and when.
    If someone owes 2,000 at 9% and 200 at 18%, most of it's on the lower rate, bringing the % down overall, right?
    Don't forget that interest snowballs rapidly and you ARE CHARGED ON NEW CHARGES JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE OLD ONES.

You might want to look into transferring debt on the higher one to the lower one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K withdrawal versus paying credit card interest [ 3 Answers ]

We are thinking about withdrawing some funds from my husband's 401k. We are drowning in credit card debt and can not see our way out. He's 51 years old but probably won't be able to retire at 65 anyway. My thinking is that we pay off all card debt and with the money that would go for monthly...

Credit card interest [ 2 Answers ]

If you owe money on several credit cards and become incarcerated and can't pay anything because you are incarcerated, are you respondsible for the interest that amounts?

Credit Card Judgement Against Me - Accruing Interest - What are my rights? [ 12 Answers ]

I have just received a notice from my local court that an old credit card account I have is suing me for payment. The account is currently with its' third collection agency. The second agency harassed me at work until I did my research and sent them a "cease and desist" letter. I have spoken to...

High Balance and Interest Credit Card [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I am currently going through a divorce and I am trying to straighten out my finances. I had been using my Discover Card to live off during the separation since my ex-husband brought home most of the money in our home. I have completely maxed the card out with cash advances so now my...

View more questions Search