Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 07:09 PM
    How can I safely clean my dishwasher drain?
    Mapleleaf, this post is 4 years old but you are correct, no bleach. That post should have read 1/2 cup baking soda mixed with 1/2 cup of salt followed with a cup of vinegar.
    riedogg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 08:30 AM
    What is the "sump" area?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 3, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Hi Mapleleaf and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. You're responding to a 5 year old dead thread so I gave you one of your own. Look in then upper left hand corner of the first post form the date before you post, Thanks,
    What is the "sump" area?
    You'll find the sump at the lowest point of the tub. This is the basin that contains the water that drains back from the hose after the pump shuts off. Just follow the directions given by Bob and you'll be just fine. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I safely clean my dishwasher drain? [ 6 Answers ]

For quite awhile now I have noticed a strong smell coming from my dishwasher, it happens at the beginning of the cycle. It is sort of like a rotten egg smell. I noticed that there is a little water in the very bottom of the dishwasher after I run it, I'm not sure how long the water has not been...

I tried to drain our pool by pumping the water into the exterior clean-out drain... [ 5 Answers ]

In Phoenix it's illegal to empty your pool by pumping the water into the street. The city requires you to dispose of the water through your home's sewer hook-up, specifically the exterior clean-out. I tried that today and the result was that water started to leak out between the house slab and the...

How do I safely clean out a clogged skimmer in my inground pool? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, We added chemicals to our pool, as instructed from the pool store, with the NC weather, pollen and rain, we had to apply several powdered chemicals to the pool and to the skimmer. We had to do this before, with no trouble. It was no more than a total of six pounds added over a 24 hr...

Ge dishwasher does not clean [ 1 Answers ]

Ge dishwasher does not clean, seems to dain more than it washes. Soap just lays in bottom on washer.

How to remove foot lock tub drain to clean drain? [ 8 Answers ]

WE live in manufactured home and are having a problem with drain flies. I believe they are coming from tub drain. I need to remove the toe touch drain in order to clean the drain with a brush. How do I get it removed? I tried turning CCW with no results. Am I not persistent enough?

View more questions Search