Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Auto Insurance ID Card
    Just curious. On the proof of auto insurance ID card it has my name as the insured.
    But my son does most of the driving. Do you think it would be a problem if my son was
    Stopped by the police.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2012, 02:26 PM
    It shouldn't, but if he is not listed as the primary driver, your insurance carrier may have problems.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Insurance is on the "car" not the driver. Anyone is insured that drives the car as long as they are not specific named as "non insured" BUT, coverage is paid for by where the car is parked, where it is driven, how many miles it is driven and who the driver is

The name on the card should match who the owner of the car is. So whoever the car is registered to, that is whose name the insurance card should be to.

BUT, if the son is the main driver, he should be listed on your application as the main driver and you paying for the amount to match his age group

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

How do I find out who is paying my insurance if I have not card, membership or knowledge of who is paying it?

New auto insurance [ 6 Answers ]

I've been driving for two years now but only as an additional driver on my aunt and uncle's so my car insurance has been reasonably priced. But now I'm looking into buying a new car and even with all of the possible discounts my current insurance company (state farm) wants to nearly double that...

Auto insurance [ 6 Answers ]

I wonder if someone could explain what constitutes “business use” of your automobile for insurance purposes. If a person is self employed and drives his or her car to work every day (like everyone else) why would insurance companies consider this to be business use and want to charge a premium? I...

Auto Insurance [ 16 Answers ]

For someone that is 22 year-old, is having his the last semster in college ( Won't be a student after this semester)... what is the best auto insurance package? Is that a good idea to be part of my parents' policy? Can he still be part of his parents' policy? What will happen after he graduates in...

View more questions Search