Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    me321 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Need to know how to answer this question if asked at an interview
    Why don't you want us to contact the hiring authority for a particular job I previously had?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Do you mean that someone might ask you why you don't want THEM to contact the hiring authority for a job YOU once held?

Depends on why you don't want the authority contacted.

Bad work performance, personality differences, job ended, something else?

I would allow the prior employer to be contacted. Are you in the US? If so the former employer would be foolish not to just list your dates of employment and the fact that you no longer work there. Otherwise, they could be sued.
    me321 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Thanks, I know I could sue but I would never know what was said. It is a gov't job I lost and gov't job I am applying for and Im afraid they may communicate a little more with one another and give more information than I'd like and I would never know if that's why I didn't get the job or not, am I making sense?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer the question in a job interview you ever been convicted of a felon? [ 2 Answers ]

How to answer the question in a job interview you ever been convicted of a felon?

Interview question answer? [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me about yourself?

Answer for this interview question [ 2 Answers ]

Describe an occasion when you have had to be proactive and use your intitive to get the task done and what made it successful

For a ROTP / RMC interview what questions would I be asked at the interview [ 0 Answers ]

I need help with preparing for the ROTP / RMC interview - how can I prepare. What are the officers interviewing looking for?

If a detective asked a 14 year old a question do they have the right not to answer [ 2 Answers ]

If I got asked a question by a detective do I have the right not to answer the question

View more questions Search