Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    domin8r72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2012, 02:23 PM
    You are a genius. Thank you very much for helping me repair something for the first time in my life!! Awesome. Thank you.
    vrnzjwl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 05:19 PM
    This worked for me too, had the flashing Quick rinse light, wouldn't go off. Took off the inside panel and unplugged the 'ribbon' wiring cleaned it up a little, blew some canned air in where I could and it works again... at least for now, Hopefully it continues... Thanks!!
    dminkler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 03:20 PM
    That was the exact fix. Thank you so much for sharing your solution. I set my air compressor at 5 pounds to start with, and gradually worked up to almost 20.
    Bart57266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2014, 07:23 AM
    Same problem with a Sears Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Model 665.165792 - Keypad unresponsive or exhibiting odd behavior, or unit not running through cycles properly, etc.

Same solution - Gently blew compressed air into two holes behind keypad and it made the keypad work like new - but only for about two days (and it had not been used between the blow-out and its first use two days later).

I'm suspecting this is because I only blew the air for about 1-2 minutes per side. I performed a second blow-out yesterday, and made sure to run it for a full 5 minutes per side (timed). Again, this made the keypad work like new and the unit ran through a Smartwash cycle flawlessly. Hopefully the extra air-blowing time dried it out completely, so it will last more than two days this time.

If not, I'll be removing that adhesive-backed keypad from the front of the panel to see if it can be cleaned out and successfully re-assembled. I know it isn't meant to come apart, and doing so may destroy it, but I also don't have anything to lose at this point. I'll need a new panel if this one isn't going to work for at least several months between blow-outs.

Bart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher model #665.1703, Flashing light-won't start [ 118 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher. It will not start. The light above normal wash is flashing continuously. Any advice will be helpful. Our warranty ran out 9 days ago:rolleyes: Thank-you in advance:o

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Normal Wash Light Flashing [ 2 Answers ]

The Normal Wash light on my five-year old Kenmore 665.15959000 dishwasher is flashing and the keypad is inoperative. I already tried disconnecting the power for several hours and it made no difference. Can somebody tell me what the flashing Normal Wash light means? I am aware of the High Temp, Air...

Kenmore Ultr Wash Model 665-15891790 Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You Get The "control Lock" Light To Turn Off To Use The Dishwasher?

View more questions Search