Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esprti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 03:35 AM
    Holiday with the in-laws...
    Hello,

I have been invited to spend a week in Italy with my boyfriend's family. I would love to go, but there is a problem: it is at the beach.

I have very white skin and red hair (under the sun I burn start burning in less than 5 minutes). I am very skinny and flat chested. I refuse to go along with this "love yourself" stuff: no one wants to see my pasty bony body on the beach. On top of all that I can't swim. Needless to say, beach holidays aren't for me.

I am worried about telling my boyfriend's family this. They all love swimming, are slim and have nice olive skin. They will think I am weird. Plus I really want to go.

Any solutions?
    jayman419 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 1, 2012, 04:47 AM
    Wear a wide-brimmed floppy hat and stay under or carry a parasol. You can wear a bikini with a light, breezy shawl clutched around your shoulders and a long skirt.

But I wouldn't worry too much about how you look. It's not about "love yourself"... Simply put, for every body type, there are people who appreciate it, and once you're on the beach you'll see that not everyone is a supermodel. No one cares, they're all just trying to enjoy themselves.
    jayman419 Posts: 23, Reputation: 6

Mar 1, 2012, 04:49 AM
    Oh and wear sunscreen. Lots and lots of sunscreen.

Any sort of tingling, headache, nausea, swelling, etc. means that you need to get out of the sun and inside somewhere quickly. Depending on the severity of the symptoms, you may need to seek medical attentoin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International marriage and divorce laws in regard to american laws [ 3 Answers ]

Dateline: U.S. resident from panama in national guard gets stationed in panama and gets married U.S. resident comes back from panama (without wife cause she does not want to leave her country) U.S. resident becomes a naturalized citizen of U. S. Naturalized U. S. citizen gets american...

California car sales laws-smog laws [ 1 Answers ]

If I sell a currently registered vehicle in California and write on the bill of sale as is buyer responsible for smog, am I still responsible if it fails smog

Holiday Visitation [ 6 Answers ]

Doesn't the holiday visitation usually trump the regular visitation even if the order doesn't specifically say so. Example Wed 31 is ncp's standard visit from 6-8pm Wed 31 is also NYE and also the beginning of cps visitation from 6-8pm. Wouldn't that mean that cp keeps child at 6 and...

A holiday wish? [ 2 Answers ]

I received this as an email and wanted to share it, but maybe it should go under humor and comedy, or on the legal board, or under political issues and causes? What category would you place it in? Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best Wishes for an environmentally...

Got holiday tickets not paid for holiday [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I really hope someone can help me. I booked a holiday in Feb and only paid low deposit. Then due to finaces I did not pay anymore so could not go. This morning the holiday tickets (flight and accommodation ) arrived. I went on the website to try and pre-book the flight seats and it let...

View more questions Search