Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liljohn30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 01:51 AM
    Ge ice auger freezing/engagement pron motor freezing
    I have a ge refrigerator model number GSL25JFTABS,the engagement auger keeps freezing up.I defrost it and re install it but it happens again with in 2-3 hrs.. tech said it's mother board but I'm skeptical.. seems the ice in the bin is defrosting and re freezing again into a solid clump..
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 1, 2012, 06:05 AM
    Your logic sounds better than his. However, the defrost usually comes on every 8 or 12 hours. Defrosting does not usually melt the ice.

Another possibility;

Water solenoid valve to ice maker not shutting off water completely. Small amount of water seeps past valve. Ice tray overflows and water flows into Ice bin and freezes. Auger can't break up ice block.

Find solenoid valve, if possible reverse both plumbing and wiring to the other valve, which will be for the water dispenser. See what happens. If you cannot reverse wiring remove both valves from bracket, reinstall in reverse positions.
    liljohn30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Tks,well last eve I cleaned and defrosted the engagement fork ,blew it out with compressed air to make sure all water is out and let it dry for 3 hrs.I re installed the assembly and turned the ice maker off,this afternoon the engagement fork in frozen up again,the unit didn't make any ice so I thin that would rule out water getting in there,but with the ice bin out I can't turn the fork...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator Ice Maker freezing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old GE refrigerator with an ice maker in the door. It has begun to freeze up with ice in the area where the ice comes out. I have looked and looked to what might be the problem. I did figure out that the little black flap in the door is slightly open about 1/4 - 1/2 inch (doesn't...

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

Kenmore Ice maker not freezing water [ 1 Answers ]

This is an over-under Kenmore fridge. The ice maker will fill with water but will dispense the contents before its completely frozen. Instead of ice cubes in the tray, we get a frozen 'pond'. Can this be fixed with a new module?

Maytag Ice Maker freezing solid [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Model #mtb2156de* The icemaker has started not popping out the second set of ice. What happens is it will fill and freeze and pop out the ice 1 time. Then it will refill but freezes solid and will not pop out the ice. I have no idea of...

View more questions Search