Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aeloise0506 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Feb 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Why am I like this?
    I feel so pathetic asking this.. But I don't know what to do. I have just turned 18 and the last few weeks I've been feeling so low I cry nearly once a day and feel so tired and exhausted. I haven't been to college for the past 3 weeks and my teachers are asking why. When my drama teacher asked me today when I finally went in I just burst out crying I was so embarrassed but couldn't explain what was wrong. After my mum dying four years ago I have had so much crap one after another my dad remarried to someone I don't like forcing me to move out and go live with my Nan and loads of other stuff. There have been times in the past I've felt down and depressed but never this bad. I feel so lost and I don't think I should be like this its four years now and normally I can pull myself together but I just can't was wondering if anyone had any anonymous advice would appreciate it a lot, thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Actually, I think you're a pretty amazing person! You're knocking me flat on my back with this post about yourself. Your advice to others has been so perfect, so helpful.

Okay, let's do this. What advice can you give yourself?

Mar 1, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Thank you and I don't really know, that's the problem. I have spoken to my college today and things seem abit better now but I just don't know.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 03:33 PM
    Grief takes many forms and it takes a long, long time to "heal" and recover. Have you properly (and that varies from person to person) grieved the loss of your mother and the loss of your relationship with your father? You may still be grieving.

Are you physically healthy, no health issues? Something, even minor, can REALLY drag you down!

Mar 1, 2012, 03:41 PM
    I'm not really sure maybe not, nope I seem okay I just am emotionally worn out.I just feel like constantly sleeping and blocking everything out I go to sleep late because I don't like the thought of waking up the next day but then sleep in late as don' t like the thought of getting up and facing it all. I feel so lethargic and teary and things I used to enjoy I don't have the energy of effort to care about. I know I can't carry on like this but don't know how to pick myself back up
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 05:32 PM
    I think you need to see a Physician AND a counsellor of some sort. Sometimes just sitting down and talking, not being judged, is a big help.

You've had a rough number of years. Be kind to yourself.
    puccini Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

May 5, 2012, 01:26 PM
    I must agree with wonderkid's comments, impressed by one of your posts, I was led here.

Your feelings are you feelings: don't resent the grieving, accept it: it is natural.

Suffering is unfortunately an experience that deveops us as human beings: it's very hard to imagine how a friend, who had never suffered, could help us through difficult times. You have shown remarkable insight and understanding of human emotion for someone so young. I am sure your understanding has deepened through your suffering and has helped (and will help) other people throughout your life.

Sometimes it is helpful to label our emotions in order to step outside of them, especially negative emotions: observe ourself - that we are, for example, being angry. But also of course we need to accept them at times, they emerge for a reason, but naturally not be a slave to them. You are clearly an insightful, thoughtful and sensitive person but your character is still maturing and perhaps these unexplained, to you, tearful outbursts may just be a symptom in the development of that person's, I suspect, complex emotions.

Your have suffered a lot, your emotions are trying to develop and mature as you are becoming adult in addition they are trying to resolve the suffering uncertainty you have experienced: they have had a lot of work to do. Try not to worry about them too much or judge them - I know you would look sympathetically and with understanding if this were someone else's shoes.

I am merely someone with an opinion, I am not professional, so please bear that in mind.

Good luck and I am quite sure those who share their lives with you will be very fortunate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search