Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Iraqi Detainees
    Over the last few years we have been told sad tales of detainees. After years of mistreatment does the government provide compensation? Is it a set rate? I know people who are jailed and released in America do not obtain fair compensation. I know I will never know the pain the detainees and family must have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
    First of course most understand there is not mistreatment, and the prisons most are in are of the highest quality and get better treatment than most state prisoners get in the US.

Next just as in any war, prisoners of war do not get paid for being held till the war is over.

And of course we have to understand that in war people are held prisoner, and that those held by the US are held to a higher standard than most
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2007, 05:24 PM
    An Australian, David Hicks has been held for 6 years with out charge. They have only now just charged him with charges they have formulated during the time he has spent at Guantanamo Bay specifically to charge him and others with.

That is mistreatment in my opinion and is not justice. I am however not justifying what he has been charged with. Terrorism needs to be dealt with but there are some pretty horrible claims from credible people about mistreatment of prisoners at Camp 6 I think they call it!

Feb 18, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    First of course most understand there is not mistreatment, and the prisons most are in are of the highest quality and get better treatment than most state prisoners get in the US.

Next just as in any war, prisoners of war do not get paid for being held till the war is over.

And of course we have to understand that in war people are held prisoner, and that those held by the US are held to a higher standard than most
    Have you seen what happens to the prisoners.I know you watch some news reports.It might be time to do a search on the subject.If you have the time checkout what Senator McCann, not a bleeding heart feels that the abuse of prisoners will endanger Americans.:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Hello radio:

Well, I must disagree with my friend, the Padre. Torture is mistreatment, and we are torturers! I'm ashamed for my country.

No, we don't pay them!! We dump 'em on the street in some forign country without a dime and no way to get home.

This will end, though. Bush is just a bump in the road. We'll again find our roots.

excon

Feb 21, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello radio:

Well, I must disagree with my friend, the Padre. Torture is mistreatment, and we are torturers! I'm ashamed for my country.

No, we don't pay them!!!! We dump 'em on the street in some forign country without a dime and no way to get home.

This will end, though. Bush is just a bump in the road. We'll again find our roots.

excon
    Thanks Excon I agree. How would you feel if this happen to a loved one? How many people are we going to get made at us. Senator McCann is right,He ask us to take the high ground for good reasons. This will save American lives and will show the world Americans are great people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search