Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickdawg77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Experts on company per diem?
    At my company there is a Canadian division and a U.S division. They pay the Canadian field engineers more per diem when out on assignment. However when they send a U.S. Field engineer to Canada, they still pay the lower U.S. Rate. Is this legal?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
    Unless there is a labor contract stating otherwise they can pay every employee a different rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a company change the rules of per diem while on a job out of town? [ 3 Answers ]

My company has not taxed my per diem for the last 10 months. I was just told that after one year on this jobsite, which is out of town, I will be taxed on my per diem. Can that happen?

Can an owner of a company collect per diem [ 1 Answers ]

As a business owner, I travel away from home for a couple of days at a time on a regular basis. Am I allowed to collect the per Diem listed in pub 1542 for my overnight travel, or can I collect only if I have travel expenses backed up by receipts?

My company is taxing part my per diem [ 2 Answers ]

I am a truck driver my company pays us 100$ per night for food and hotel We get taxed on what we don't show recepts for and most nights we don't spend all of the money we are left with about 30$ left over. Can they do this to me.

View more questions Search