Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princesspeach12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Starting Middle School
    I am sarting middle school in August. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Why don't you think you are prepared?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
    It is just another grade, you moved up from your grade last year, and next year is just the same, "middle school" is just a name, it is just a school with teachers and classes
    sexiibabii Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Don't be worried at all... I'm in my first year of high school.. in September it will be my second its not as bad as it seems.. even high school so many people told me wow you need to prepare for high school it's the real world... yeah its more realistic because there are like 19 year olds in the same school as you lol but I wasn't nervous at all it will pass and you will get used to it
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Just think there will be many other students in your same position - first year in Middle School, starting all over with teachers and friends and getting to know the building and rules, etc. You are going from being the big fish in the little pond (6th grade in elementary school) to being the little fish in a bigger pond. Have you visited this Middle School yet? I do not know how your school system transitions students, but when both my sons made that transition, there were two half days set up for students to go and scout out the Middle School. They were buddied up with a current student from the Middle School.

How do you feel you are not ready? Academically not ready? Emotionally not ready? Just unsure of new places and new things? You are not the only one with those concerns. You will meet others who feel the same. Maybe others in your class now who can express those same feelings. Ask your teacher for advice on how to handle the transition and what to expect. Best of luck to you.
    starbuckerbriee Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
    I'm in 7th grade and my jump from 5th to 6th was scary but fun! There were a lot of goths and everyone seemed bigger then I was. But you are so much more free in middle school. It's awesome!! I'm scared of high school though. I just don't want to go!! But you can worry about that later. Good luck!
    middleschool214154 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by princesspeach12
    I am sarting middle school in august. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?
    Hey, I am starting middle school in September. I have a tip, go to your bookstore and read A Smart Girl's Guide To Middle School
    boblaw42 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 08:03 PM
    I am sarting middle school in august. And I don't know what to do about it. I am not prepared for middle school yet. What should I do?
    I think everyone has this problem and they think its bad but 6th grade is easy and don't be scared. Im about to start high school and Im waiting to get in there
    SHELL13 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Trust me I felt the same way When I first started middle school. Just take it as it go's!!
    U'll have 3 great years ahead of you!
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jul 5, 2007, 02:28 PM
    I think you're anxious because you don't want to leave elementary school behind and moving on to something new without knowing what to expect is not always obvious. That's OK!
    They make it sound as a big deal, but trust me it's not. Everybody can make it through and in the end you'll be glad you did.

So, be positive about it... :) I am sure you're ready for it even though you think you're not. Be happy to move on to something new without being anxious!
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 08:16 PM
    it really isn't that big of a deal.. your just in another grade, a different school, some new people some old people its not a big deal I went through tha 6-8 grade and I'm in tha 10th now so yea take it 4rm me you will be OK =]
    richardsone Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Jul 24, 2007, 04:21 PM
    I teach middle school and yes, its weird at first but you'll find your groove and your friends. Just be you.
    claireinNC123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 3, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by middleschool214154 View Post
    Hey, I am starting middle school in September. I have a tip, go to your bookstore and read A Smart Girl's Guide To Middle School
    Yeah I'm starting in August too and I read it. It helps a lot. Tells you everything from lockers to dances to schoolwork to boys READ IT!!
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 10:52 AM

All you have to do is relax,if you stress on your first day of middle school,they'll think your weird,so be cool,calm,and collected,it worked for me
    isunny369 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2009, 01:11 AM
    Hey it's 2009 I'm starting 6th grade and I'm totally nervous! So I know your in a higher grade now. But can you tell me how 6th grade was for you! Thanks!
    claireiopia Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 07:33 PM

Just remember one thing about being nervous. Remember that everyone else in your grade is JUST as nervous as you are. Even if your friends are acting like there not at all, they probably are. If you're worried about the older kids picking on you, just about 2 years ago, they were in the same position as you. One tip is to go to your school over the summer and see your locker and your classes. Practice your locker combo. Make sure to pick up the right things you'll need for each class from your locker. Good Luck :)
    gaberino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Well if you don't feel prepared talk to a parent or friend to see if they have any tips for you because if you keep all the pressure built up in you and it can cause stress and school is just another thing your going to have to deal with but don't be shy try to find people that have the same interrests as you but remember to think of yourself rom time to time your not supergirl! But you probably are ready its just peerpressure you will feel much better when your used to it then you will be able to tell that storie all the time!
    becca186 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Just stay cool and MAKE SURE you have got your locker combination down really good! There will be a lot of drama but if yo just stay with your friends and you all have each other's back then you should be fine.Oh, and what you wear on the first day shows everyone your personality and how you will act. Where you sit at lunch on the first day is most likely where you will be sitting for the rest of the year. Some teachers will be nice and some not so nice but just respect them and their rules and there shouldn't be any problems. If your tardy on the first one or two weeks or so don't sweat it, most teachers will understand that since it's your first day that you will have a hard time making it around the school. :) I hope this helped... have fun in middle school!!
    murrayisawesome Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 09:14 PM
    I am also in your exact position. Middle school sounds extremely scary, and I'm wondering"Since when am I old enough to go to middle school?" I have no idea what to expect. I live in Farmington, New Mexico, and I'm going to go to Hermosa Middle School. It's hard to find information that's specific to you. I don't really know much about ms, but I'll tell you how I plan on surviving the year.

I am always going to be friendly, because even mean people will feel like you are the kind of perosn to be around. I'm going to wear things that I think look good and me and ignore haters. If I try my hardest in class, then it's guaranteed you'll do good. I'm going to ask questions when I need help. It's nice that there's someone out there that's as nervous as me, I thought I was the only one! ;)
    murrayisawesome Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 09:06 AM
    This blog has some advice I think if you are a girl:

http//www.simplesite.com/angelinaandavery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle School Story Problem [ 4 Answers ]

my daughter has this math problem for homework and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Alex is 35. Burt is 7 and Chris is 5. In how many years will Alex's age be the sum of Burts and Chris's ages? HELP!:confused:

Caught in the middle [ 30 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a single mother of 3. She is a wonderful lady, super mom, and loving friend. However, she is extremely hung up on one of my husband's friends. My husband's friend James just got out of a rather rocky marriage, and is not really into having a relationship. However, a couple...

Caught in the middle... [ 3 Answers ]

I fell in love with my best friend of 6 years and 1 year ago we finally admitted our love for each other. He dated another girl before me and broke up with her when he realized he loved me instead. I was dating a mutual friend of ours at the time, but broke up with him around the same time. The guy...

Middle Name Crisis [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... sorry I've been MIA. But I'm in a major delimma.. I can't for the life of me find a good middle name. We are having a baby girl and we dicided to name her Emma, but we simply can't find a good middle name, I looked at hundreds of websites but just can't find that one name that fits...

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

View more questions Search