Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brendafial Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Not on deed
    My name is not on the deed or mortgage we have been married for 6 months but married before we bought the house and we live in Indiana, what will happen
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
    What will happen if what?

Indiana is not a community property state, so you have no interest in the property. If, however, your husband were to die, you might be entitled to an interest in the property.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
    What AK said plus what does his will say?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
    And why were you not added to the deed if you bought the property after you were married?
    Are you on the loan ? Is he concerned about divorce and want to make sure you do not have a claim on the home?

Feb 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
    Not on deed
    I'm not on the deed or loan because of my credit. My realtor said it doesn't matter because we r married
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
    Please do not start a new question for adding more info, to add more info, "answer" your own question please. This is not a blog so a new question is not connected to your old. I have merged them.

Your real estate agent was not being correct with you. But I can't understand why you did not just require it to be. No name on deed, no sell. Your husband needs to get with loan company about adding you to loan and deed.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
    How is the house titled ? Have you seen the deed ?

Feb 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
    Yes and it's not on there

Feb 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
    How can I get it on there?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 28, 2012, 04:28 AM
    You have bad credit so he has the mortgage. He can't change the deed without permission from the lender, generally.
    Why do you want to be on the deed if you have creditors coming after you? You can't just sneak onto a deed when the lender basically owns the house and your husband owns maybe the front steps, given that he bought it less than 6 months ago. Assuming he didn't put down some huge down payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a warranty deed or a quick claim deed if my father has passed away? [ 8 Answers ]

My father has passed away and he had no will whatsoever but he told me verbally that he wanted to put the house in my name. But he passed before we can do that. He is married but his wife is illegal and does not work. And we all want to put the house in my name because this house is the last thing...

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

View more questions Search