Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Feb 27, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Hip pain and leg giving way
    I have hip pain on my groin line, it's a cross between aching and a sharp pain. It doesn't travel down my leg it just sits in that area. It seems to start to hurt when I walk for any considerable distance, and the more I exercise the worse it gets. After I have finished, it becomes really stiff, and hurts to lift, making getting into bed or up stairs a real chore.
    Occasionally I also get muscle pain in my thigh which causes my leg to give way.
    This is all in my left leg by the way.
    I was wondering if anyone knew what this means? It could just be a muscle pain, but it's been going on over a few months now, and I don't remember any point where I noticed damaging it.

My mum has fused spine disks or something, and she's worried about it because my symptoms are the same as hers were before she was diagnosed.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Would help if we knew how old you are and male or female. Gender makes small difference and although we can't diagnose on AMHD, we can probably help somewhat.

I don't think it would be muscle or ligament related but rather, from your description, and your mother's spinal problems.

Sounds more like asteoarthritis, and I would suggest seeing your doctor for a bone density in the general area of your hips.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Feb 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Would help if we knew how old you are and male or female. Gender makes small difference and although we can't diagnose on AMHD, we can probably help somewhat.

I dont think it would be muscle or ligament related but rather, from your description, and your mother's spinal problems.

Sounds more like asteoarthritis, and I would suggest seeing your doctor for a bone density in the general area of your hips.
    I'm a girl and I'm almost 16, about the same age as my mum when she first started getting symptoms
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Nip in the bud now then, so you will have a headstart getting the problem under control. See your doctor for a bone density test as I suggested, and good luck, and good health !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My leg and hip hurt... What should I do? [ 0 Answers ]

My friend pulled my left leg and I felt it move out of my hip.. it hurt really bad. And still does... It hurts on movement

Leg pain! Hip pain radiating down leg [ 0 Answers ]

Have had pains in my calf off & on for a month. Went to chiropractor a couple weeks ago. He treated pain still coming & going. He suggested seeing my doctor because it MIT be vascular. Haven't made it but last night before bed & now my hip has been hurting. It hurts eases p then. Hurts again....

Chronic hip pain continuously, pain has moved to the middle of the thigh [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything other than ibuprofen, naproxen, arthritic pain medicine, loratab than may help this continousl chronic pain.

Pain in groin and down leg and the hip [ 2 Answers ]

Female, pain in left groin, down left leg and in the hips. Can hardly walk use a cane

Having trouble with back leg/hip [ 2 Answers ]

My daschund is 4 years old just in the last couple of days - his back leg seems to be bothering. I don't know if it is hip or it could be the lower part of his back, is there something that I can give him before taking him to the vet. Thanks

View more questions Search