Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ririsharp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Refill of toilet
    My toilet takes a really long time (5 minutes) to refill. I've tried lowering the tank valve(?) with no change and moving the refill tube to fill just the tank but not much water fills the bowl, what am I missing?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Hi Ririsharp

The toilet fill valve washer is probably obstructed slowing the fill time... ;)

If the toilet is newer... may just need to clean/replace the fill valve washer... see video below.

If the toilet is older I'd suggest removing/replacing the entire fill valve. This is usually a real simple job... check out the other video below.

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet doesn't refill. [ 1 Answers ]

My toiet refills sometimes after flushing and sometimes it doesn't. I can turn on the sink faucet and it will start refilling. How can I fix this issue?

Toilet refill problem [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Toto toilet that I have been using for 6 years.A few days ago, I noticed that the level in the bowl after a refill was very low. I checked the fill tube in the tank and it was attached and working properly. If I add water to the bowl, the level will stay until it's flushed again so,I've...

Toilet Tank won't Refill [ 2 Answers ]

So the flapper in my toilet tank was hard and broken. I bought a replacement and began by turning the water off to the back of the toilet so I could see what I was doing. After putting the flapper in place I turned the water back on and it won't come out of the ballcock assembly and refill the...

Toilet Tank Refill [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My tolilet tank (cistern) takes a long time to refill, over 5 minutes, the water release to refill the tank is very slow. Any suggestions/resolutions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Toilet will not refill [ 9 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?

View more questions Search