Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Feb 27, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Anyone know of a herbal supplement to help depression and anxiety?
    I am so tired of taking prescription meds, I just want something natural.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 15, 2012, 02:00 AM
    I would suggest that you first speak with your Doctor about your plans to not take prescription meds - get her advice before you decide to move forward with a new plan to try herbal supplements. There are several on the market - St. John's Wort and others - but if you have been taking prescription meds a consultation with your Doctor is in order first. Herbal supplements are not nearly as strong as prescriptions - so your Doctor will need to monitor you if you decide not to take prescription meds anymore. Especially if you are coming off the "high" of being on meds for a long time. The side effects of coming off meds can be strong - so you need a Doctor to advise you along the way.

A couple of ideas come to mind - make sure to take care of your health - eat well and drink plenty of water - and get enough sleep. If you work - make sure you balance work with play - walking or doing exercise. Keep a journal for ideas and other notes and a planner to help you remember appts. And other important events.

The other thing is - make sure that not only your mind and body are sound - but that you are also refreshing your soul. This might include reading spiritual healing work or other related items that may interest you. Many times when we are down and out it can be because we need reflection and nurturing from a heavenly place. Give it a try and find out if it works for you. Take care.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Mar 16, 2012, 04:48 AM
    Thank you for your feedback I will definitely speak to my doctor about this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any recommendations for anxiety/depression? [ 18 Answers ]

I'd like to find some recommendations for anxiety, depression and sleeplessness. I have a close friend who is currently suffering from this and would like to get off conventional meds. Any info would help... Thanks.

PMDD maybe, depression, anxiety [ 11 Answers ]

I have been having an issue for quite some time that I have just ignored. Now, it is kind of scaring me. So, here it goes... When I was younger (12 to be exact) and my mother was told she had 2 years to live I suffered from depression. I was put on Xanax for 2 1/2 years. After my mom died my...

Social Anxiety/depression [ 30 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have been dealing with severe social anxiety for about 10 years. It has turned into social phobia. I can't go anywhere by myself. I avoid going to school because I can't stand being around others. I think some of it has to do with being sexually molested by my brother for 2 years. ...

Depression and Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

I have suffered with major depression and anxiety problems for about 5 years but last year I was put in the hospital about 3 times for OD and cutting. I had been doing really well until recently when I had problems work and then lost my job and now I just feel like I am falling apart all over...

Depression, anxiety attacks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have posted in the relationship advice section as well. But wanted to know if anyone could help regarding my main issue of my anxiety attacks. I lived a very scared and un confident child hood, I have gone through a lot of stress to. And just recently because of my relationship problems...

View more questions Search