Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynthia56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 08:34 AM
    What are the guidelines for starting a church in philadelphia,pa?
    what do I need to do to start a new church in philly
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Are you getting backing/support from a denomination? If so they will give you all the guidance you need. If not, I need to ask, Under who's spiritual authority will you fall? Who is your spiritual mentor?
    Anyone can go out and open the doors to a rented building and sell anything they want, But unless you are called and led by God it will be doomed to failure. Just like so many foolish ventures of man.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Yes more info, do you have some sort of group already meeting? If not many people start with a small home church, a group that merely meets in your home. This often starts with family, friends or others you know that are interested.

If you are looking for a building, so much other things are involved.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Are you getting backing/support from a denomination? If so they will give you all the guidance you need. If not, I need to ask, Under who's spiritual authority will you fall? Who is your spiritual mentor?
    Anyone can go out and open the doors to a rented building and sell anything they want, But unless you are called and led by God it will be doomed to failure. Just like so many foolish ventures of man.
    Ahhhh, I want to start a church and preach GRACE, GRACE, GRACE. Are you telling me donn, you won't come listen? That is my DREAM... but alas, not sure that is my call.. . or IS it? Oh well, I can't get anyone to even listen to me on this site.. tsk tsk. ( sorry didn't mean to hijack)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Yea, I would love to start a church too and not have to pay any more taxes. LOL.
    I see that the OP has not come back to answer any of the questions posed to him? Gee, I wonder why?
    FireSpeaks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
    I understand you concern there are many that teach and preach ( some other gospel) and being under a experienced man of God has it advantages. But my authority is Jesus Christ. I have seen how the men of God have failed the community, how their children grow up and leave Christianity for Islam or Buddha, or anything else. How they drive big cars and preach of feel good gospel where God's purpose for creation was so we could be happy.

And I'm tired, tired of the Christian retreats that only reach Christians; Christians books that are only read by Christians; Christian radio stations, that can only complete with a watered down gospel, and Christian churches that can't even make disciples of their own members, and even the long term members don't have a clue about basic christian doctrine. Full time Christians that never miss a Bible study, Sunday School, prayer meeting, or day of church, and its not because they love Jesus, its because that makes them feel they are better than others, I'm tired of confusing fellowship with social networking.

I need to reach the lost, Now I'm not saying that no one else is reaching them but I know that God had put this desire in my heart to reach the lives which are taboo to the rest of the world. Alternative lifestyles, people of low self esteem, those that have never heard the name of Jesus.
    I imagine a church of those that have done just about all that you can imagine, but have now given it all up for a life in Christ. ( to whom much is forgiven the same loveth much)

And I know that God has called me to reach those that need much forgiveness.
    mysticman72 Posts: 56, Reputation: 10

May 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSpeaks View Post
    I understand you concern there are many that teach and preach ( some other gospel) and being under a experienced man of God has it advantages. But my authority is Jesus Christ. I have seen how the men of God have failed the community, how their children grow up and leave Christianity for Islam or Buddha, or anything else. How they drive big cars and preach of feel good gospel where God's purpose for creation was so we could be happy.
    Is it your belief that the parents have failed God if their children change their religion or have no faith at all?
    And I'm tired, tired of the Christian retreats that only reach Christians
    Isn't that the purpose of a Christian retreat... to deepen their own spirituality?
    Christians books that are only read by Christians; Christian radio stations, that can only complete with a watered down gospel, and Christian churches that can't even make disciples of their own members, and even the long term members don't have a clue about basic christian doctrine.
    And... what is wrong with Christian books and radio stations that deepen and strengthen a Christian's faith? My friend, it seems that maybe you have found a paradisical Christian holy land somewhere that only very few people such as yourself can be a part of. I guess I'm not going to be part of this holy land given my sinful human nature.
    Full time Christians that never miss a Bible study, Sunday School, prayer meeting, or day of church, and its not because they love Jesus, its because that makes them feel they are better than others, I'm tired of confusing fellowship with social networking.
    Only God knows people's hearts. How do you know these people don't really love Jesus?
    I need to reach the lost, Now I'm not saying that no one else is reaching them but I know that God had put this desire in my heart to reach the lives which are taboo to the rest of the world. Alternative lifestyles, people of low self esteem, those that have never heard the name of Jesus.
    I imagine a church of those that have done just about all that you can imagine, but have now given it all up for a life in Christ. ( to whom much is forgiven the same loveth much)

And I know that God has called me to reach those that need much forgiveness.
    Brother... that is your calling... follow it... but for goodness sake, don't badger other people's calling to minister to the sheep as the Lord God told Peter to do. There are different functions of the Christian church... different callings. There are pastors, teachers, evangelists, prophets... etc.

I was once a purist who set out to save the world and ended up needed saving myself. Be careful about your viewpoint of yourself and your calling in life. Be a Barnabas and encourage your sisters and brothers. Correct them with a graceful spirit and support them. We already have a pathetic and pitiful enemy that accuses our brethren. Lift your brethren up in prayer brother.

Peace...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the PA laws about starting a church? [ 2 Answers ]

A group of us are in the beginnings of starting a new church. We do not have a lot of money and are doing must stuff ourselves. I need to know what are the state laws about starting a church, what forms I need to fill out and how to setup tax information. Thank you in advance for your help.

Not a member of a church but want to be married in church [ 8 Answers ]

Neither my fiancé or myself are members of a church, however we want to be married in a church. We live in Whitehall, PA and are wondering if anyone knows of a church that would marry us without having to join.

View more questions Search