eddie4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 06:08 PM
    How do I find out if someone file me on their taxes this year 2012
    What will happen to the person?
    Can I do self employment?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 28, 2012, 04:23 PM
    You CAN file self-employment (Schedule C with Schedule SE) if, in fact, you are self-employed and can prove you earned income in that status.

As for what will happen to the other person? Their return will be audited and adjusted without your personal exemption as a dependent. That's probably the extent of any action taken against them unless this represents a pattern of misconduct on their part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I file taxes on my SSI if I don't have taxes taken out during the year? [ 2 Answers ]

I draw one disabilty check from my employer which is tax free so nothing to claim there. I also draw SSI which does not have any taxes taken out of it. What is my filing status regarding income tax and how do I deduct my exemptions (house interest, medical expenses, etc)?

Does someone who has a ITIN and filed taxes last year have to file this year? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are married and filed Jointly last year and he has no social security number only a ITIN. Do we have to file his taxes this year?

STILL need to file taxes from last year [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't filed my taxes from 2007 and I had enough jobs in 2007 to not be able to keep track of them all. I got the tax papers from those previous jobs but never filed them and eventually lost them. Is there an easier way to relocate my tax papers without having to call all my previouse jobs? Your...

Did not file taxes for this year! [ 3 Answers ]

I thought my parents filed for me this year but they didn't. What now?

Did not file taxes last year [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do if I forgot to file my taxes last year? Can I file them with this years taxes?

View more questions Search