Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhbell Posts: 47, Reputation: -1

Feb 18, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Something in house making wife sick
    Hi My wife thinks something in the house is making her sick. We have lived here about a year and a half. She has been sick a lot with flu like symptoms, and has seen the doctor many times, but without results. She will take antibiotics and get feeling better for a while and then get sick again.
    Does anyone know if there is someone or some agency that inspects homes for possible problem like this? I have no clue where to start.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    Roger
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 12:47 PM
    You can hire an environmental engineer who can test for various airborne issues. Also has she been checked out for a allergy pannel, to see if she has a specific allergy.

Also you can have a normal home inspector check for things like mold, gas leaks and radon
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Mar 12, 2007, 04:53 PM
    A good friend of mine got really sick from mold in the trees around their property in Kentucky, so you might want to check for that.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 09:56 AM
    In addition to above good advice,
    Do you have Gas?(Gas appliances)

May 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Only water heater. We did find in blood test she has a virus but we don't know where it is originating from, and so far can not get rid of it.
    She can not take many antibiotics or much of anything, and money is tight.
    We are still looking for answers.
    Thanks everybody for the sugestions and we will keep trying to find the salution.
    Roger
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Maybe Negative Ion generator or better A/C Filtration, and check air ducts for mold.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 04:00 PM
    She should get tested for lyme

May 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
    I'll mention the lyme, and we do want to have the a/c and duct system tested and cleaned but we do not have the financial capability right now.
    We are working on refinance come this August and we hope to do many things to find the problem.
    Thanks roger
    emmasmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Hi Roger. Stumbled on your problem, have you solved it? If not, I have a few suggestions: To rule out your house, first go stay in a very clean, nice hotel, friend's house, etc. for 3-4 days. If she feels better, it may very well be allergens etc. However, because she gets better on antibiotics, I AGREE with Danielnoahsmommy. Get a reliable Lyme test. (Both of you, and especially any children you have if you are in an endemic area.) I have chronic Lyme. My husband and son are also infected. It took us years to find out why I have been so sick. From what I have read and experienced, feeling better after each about of antibiotics is really common. It implies that bacteria(s) (which is the cause of Lyme) are there, but haven't been identified yet. Lyme disease is endemic in many parts of the country. Where do you live? 2/3 of sufferers NEVER recall being bit by a tick. Many physicians are not lyme literate and there is much controversy surrounding the subject. It is WORTH finding a doctor who will search for underlying causes and who takes Lyme seriously, as well as your wife's complaints. The lyme test she needs is usually not performed by local labs. The run-of-the-mill test usually shows up negative. She needs a PCR test from the lab IGENEX. I think they are out of Palo Alto, CA. If you want anymore info. About lyme let me know. You are a wonderful spouse for believing in your wife's illness and going to bat for her. I wish you both the best.

LR

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making the house panel a subpanel [ 2 Answers ]

The question involves a house with a detached garage that is about 60' away. The feed from the utility spans a considerable distance, whips in the wind and is near trees. The owner wants a subpanel in the garage for hobby activity. The utility has suggested relocating the man incoming line...

So sick... [ 10 Answers ]

I feel so sick. I have been in love with one guy for about 6 years now and it's so hard because he's a nice guy but he isn't in love with me. We started dating, I fell in love, he started to taper off, he went through some hard times it became on and off but I was still in love and couldn't let...

Sick [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and I have an awful cold. I nanny a little boy who got me sick and not I can't seem to get reid of it. It getting worst because I can't sleep eather. What can I do to help get reid of it. I herd green tea helps. Can I drink that? And can I use vicks vaper? Or are there any...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

Desperate house wife. [ 24 Answers ]

I desperately need help and advice about what to do about my situation. I have been with my husband for six years and we have been married for three years. Does anyone have any advice about how I can get my husband to help me with everything. I am tired of doing everything. I do all the...

View more questions Search