Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elyria95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Heat blowing cold on a Rheem RCBA3765AS17
    My Rheem central heat and air is not working. Most important now is the heat. The heat comes out, but the air blows cold. Before I spend the money for an expensive expert... is there any hope of me fixing it myself... or doing some checks so I have an idea what is wrong to save time and money if the technician has to be called in. I'm pretty handy and can follow directions. I have no owners manual... any idea where I might find one on line. Thanks in advance... Freezing in Fort Lauderdale.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 18, 2007, 12:52 PM
    What model, year? Etc , help me help you
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
    That model number is the coil I think, 10 seer, 3 ton, 17" wide coil. Is it a heat pump?
    Elyria95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyria95
    My Rheem central heat and air is not working. Most important now is the heat. The heat comes out, but the air blows cold. Before I spend the money for an expensive expert....is there any hope of me fixing it myself...or doing some checks so I have an idea what is wrong to save time and money if the technician has to be called in. I'm pretty handy and can follow directions. I have no owners manual...any idea where I might find one on line. Thanks in advance....Freezing in Fort Lauderdale.
    Heat blowing cold on a Rheem RCBA3765AS17. Electric 2.5 ton central heat and air. The air isn't cold either but I know I have a freon leak... the heat was still working. Any ideas of quick checks before calling in the experts. Finances are really tight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clean Rheem Central Heat Sensor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I clean the heat sensor on a Rheem Central Heating unit?

Furnace turns off heat and fan continues blowing cold air. [ 14 Answers ]

Carrier split unit Model 58RAV055-GC Circuit Board at Furnace CES0110057-00 Natural Gas I am experiencing a problem with my heat. I have a programmable zones thermostat and noticed that the air was not coming out hot when it was suppouse to be. The temperature was set to 75 but the temperature...

Furnace blowing cold air! [ 2 Answers ]

i have been experiancing problems with my furnace blowing out cold air, the first time i checked the code light it was working normal, the second time it was flashing continuosly fast and it meant call for heat, the third time i checked it said to replace the IFC!! i have no idea what the ifc is,...

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

Honeywell thermostat heat/cool in Rheem 2 stage furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell 1 Heat/1Cool thermostat (TH6110D1013) that I would like to use with a Rheem 2 stage gas heat furnace. I think it is possible but would I get the same benefits as having a thermostat with 2 heat/1 cool? Would I just connect the W terminal on the Thermostat to the W2 on the...

View more questions Search