Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugsb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 02:39 AM
    Is it possible to clone a hard drive from one laptop brand and use on another brand?
    Clone the whole hard disk (includs OS, files etc) currently used on one laptop brand and then use the hard disk on another different brand of laptop
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 26, 2012, 03:02 AM
    No as there would be issues with drivers, licensing etc
    bugsb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Oh that's true... thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clone one Hard Drive to Another Externally [ 7 Answers ]

This is a weird question. I plan to buy a brand new 64 bit Win7 PC. Would like to clone the hard drive BEFORE it is booted up for the 1st time. I currently have 32 bit XP PC's with 32 bit cloning software (not Win7 compatible) called Casper XP. I was wondering if I could remove from new PC...

Who sing the song I got to brand new pair of roller skates you got to brand new key [ 2 Answers ]

Who sing the song I got to brand new pair of roller skates you got to brand new key

Clone a Hard Drive [ 13 Answers ]

I want to make a clone of my hard drive that is going out (getting noisy) but still working. I'd like this to be as simple as possible, so I can just make the clone and swap the drives, and be done. I've heard a lot about how great Acronis True Image is, so I bought it. Not opened yet. ...

Clone / Duplicate a Hard Drive with XP [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Dell Dimension with XP SP2. My wife basically uses it for email and surfing. It still has the original small 40GB hard drive, which I think is acting up. Every few days at boot up, it goes to a black screen saying to hit F1 to boot, instead of going to Windows. F1 does nothing, but...

How do I clone a hard drive? [ 4 Answers ]

My boss has bought 6 new pc's and has asked me to install both commercial software and our own customised accounting software on each system. He wants every PC to be identical. I put everything on the first machine today and it took me around 2 to 3 hours. My nephew said that what I...

View more questions Search