Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jord23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
    Hung up on his ex ?
    I've been dating this guy for almost 5 months now and everything between us is great. He is a very sweet person who's hardworking and very forgiving. We have an agreement that neither of us wants a relationship right now, but we don't date other people. We have gotten VERY close. He and his ex were together for two years and they still communicate and have seen each other quite recently at a basketball game. Their breakup was over a misunderstanding so it wasn't something they really wanted to do, but that was over a year ago. I tried to ignore the fact that they still talk because I'm trying to trust him, but there was a tiny... Ginormous... Voice telling me that something wasn't right and my voice is never wrong. I decided to go through his phone one day and found text messages between them that were inappropriate (pictures, them talking about sex, etc). I didn't bring it to him because I mean... I went through his phone, how does that make me look when we are just "dating"? There were also several times when I was with him and she called him at a late hour. I don't want to seem crazy, but I don't think its fair that we can act like we're in a relationship yet I can't say anything about this because of technicalities. I've never told him that I know what I know, but I have voiced that I don't like him talking to her and he claims that since he's with me everyday I shouldn't be worried about her. He also stated that me bringing her up all the time is going to make him talk to her about it which is bs to me because that's what you have friends for. I think she wants him back.. I don't know about him though. I don't know... What should I do ?
    Missy02 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 06:02 AM
    I totally understand where you are coming from.. My husbands ex calls all the time and uses an excuse about the kids but then talks about her life her family and he sits and listens.. She rings when she knows I'm at work and I've confronted him about this and like your boyfriend he brushes it off... I think it's the case of if I can't be with you I don't want anyone else to be with you... If there is no children involved he has no reason to be in contact with her.. Not good about texts sex talk.. If I was you as hard as it would be... I would tell him it's me or her and take some time off... If he comes back to you then it's you and she's gone.. If he goes back to her then you've saved a lot of time and heartache... And you can move on trust me - it becomes consuming worrying all the time what he's doing when your not around
    hsleep1992 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 03:23 AM
    Jord, if I were you I would definitely confront him. Who cares you went through his phone? That won't be the issue once you tell him what you saw. And missy, if you are married to the man, why are you so insecure? I call my kids dad all the time to bs... Get over it. They have kids together. Assuming you knew that when you married him, you should really not be complaining about it. Trust your husband. He's with you, not her.
    Venelition Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Well now knowing what you know, I believe you should confront him, whether he knows you went through his phone or not. The phone aside, if he's not willing to make the effort to ignore his ex, he seems to be using you. I don't want this to sound harsh, but that's what it is. I believe that if he's still talking to his ex, he still has some sort of feelings deep down inside. Tell him either he cuts her off immediately, or you cut him off immediately. Now, I don't know how your relationship works, but I'm assuming you don't ask for much, so this really isn't a problem for him. Bring up the phone thing if you need extra evidence, otherwise I say you kick him out. Nobody deserves to be treated like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy I like is hung up on his ex [ 5 Answers ]

There is this guy I met on an online dating website. Great, smart guy and by the second date we pretty much went the whole way. I like him a lot and yet I know he is still hung up on his ex. Theirs was a three year long relationship which was rocky and chaotic and from what he has told me I don't...

Is he hung up? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a fling with one of my best friend's brothers. Things got pretty serious, though it would eventuate due to long distance (10 hours between us). So I contacted him and told him how I felt. He cut contact with me for 2 months. I was very upset, because I thought we could at least remain friends...

What to do when your hung up on someone? [ 9 Answers ]

I can't seem to get my ex out of my head. We still talk sometimes and we both still have strong feelings for each other (we broke up because of the distance). Neither one of us has dated anyone since we broke up nearly a year ago... I don't know why it's so hard to move on. What I really need...

Hung up on his ex? [ 21 Answers ]

I recently found that my boyfriend had been looking at his exes pofile on a social networking site. He had looked up pics of her and also went on to fellas who were showing interest. He also went onto another friends of hers and looked at pics of his ex there.. I got upset was wnadering if he may...

Still hung-up on your ex? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I've not posted for a while but this site was a life-line to me last year when my ex-husband was messing me about. He's now married and I worried that he would change for his new wife and she would get the life I wanted - I was assured that leopards don't change their spots and I want to...

View more questions Search