Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pfc107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Squirrel cage noise
    There was a slight rattle coming from my furnace fan. I opened up the intake grate, saw some screws gilding the fan to the bottom of the cage, and proceeded to tighten them. Now there is a new noise that sounds like some is off kilter or out of alignment - like a low far off helicopter noise. I then tried to untighten the screws a little since I essentially caused the issue by tinkering with it so I figured I could go back to where I started. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor and squirrel cage making noise [ 0 Answers ]

Do I need to balance the squirrel cage fan? If so how do I do that?

Will a non-centered squirrel cage cause rumbling? [ 3 Answers ]

The squirrel cage is tight on the motor shaft, but could be a bit off center of the flame tube. Would this cause the heater to rumble when it is ignited?

Goodman replacement squirrel cage wheels [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Goodman furnace, the blower wheel went bad (noisy) I flattened the rim to keep noise down, and am in search for a new blower wheel it's 10 5/8 X 10 1/2. The wheel I fixed is obviously out of balance and I need to locate one. Where can I purchase one at a reasonable price? Thank you...

Motor or squirrel cage mount? [ 2 Answers ]

Air conditioner only makes low pitched whining noise when squirrel cage is coming to a stop after turning off the motor.

Balancing a squirrel cage [ 2 Answers ]

When we moved into our house, the furnace was filthy. Previous tenants didn't use filters. While removing a grocery sack full of dust, dirt & lint, the balancing weights on the squirrel cage came off. They didn't appear to be in great condition either. Where would I take the cage to have it...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.