Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncomfortableQ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
    A small mass --what should I do?
    After having sex five days ago, my outer labia became swollen and very tender. Although slightly red, there are no markings of a rash. There is a small mass under the tissue. It is nothing like an ingrown hair or pimple, just a solid mass somewhat deep underneath the skin. The majority of the swelling and tenderness is toward the back of my labia, not the front. (as in farthest away from my bellybutton.) I'm in a decent amount of pain, as it is uncomfortable to sit, walk, or even stand. Do you have any idea as to what may be causing this? Do I need to see a doctor?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
    If I were having as much discomfort as you are having, yes, I would see a doctor. And please report back after you find out what it is and how to treat it.

Feb 24, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Yes, Wondergirl, I think you're right. I called to schedule an appointment with my ob-gyn, but I can't get in for another week. Im not sure what to do do until then. Do you think it is all right to wait that long?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 24, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Don't don't think you should wait a week to have the mass diagnosed. Is there a clinic you can go to ?

Mar 3, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the advice. I FINALLY was able to see a doctor This week. Turns out, I had an infected Bartholin's gland. This is a lubrication gland that all women have in the outer labia. For many women, it can become blocked and infected from time to time. Nothing causes this to happen, just mother nature's funny sense of humor. I was sent to the ER, where they drained the gland. Im now home resting and on some serious pain killers. If any of you ever experience similar symptoms, please don't wait for a doctor's appointment. Just go strait to the ER. It really is a very common problem and they knew exactly what I was talking about before they examination ever began.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay mass tax if I live in nh and work in nh but my company is based in mass? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I am a plumber and live in NH. I have worked for two different companies which are based in MASS. One company I only worked in NH and they were taking out MASS tax until I asked them not to, they already took out 800.00. But they did provide me with a letter stating that I worked 0...

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, are = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fix [ 0 Answers ]

Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless beari? Rotating Mass M, a solid cylinder (mass = 1.39 kg, r = 0.100 m) pivots on a thin, fixed, frictionless bearing. A string wrapped around the cylinder pulls downward with a force F which...

I work in MASS but live in NYC - do I have to pay MASS tax? [ 1 Answers ]

I live NYC but work in MASS most of the time. Do I have to have Mass taxes withheld?

Mass of small grains [ 1 Answers ]

8c1p28) Grains of fine California beach sand are approximately spheres with an average radius of 38 μ m and are made of silicon dioxide. A solid cube of silicon dioxide with a volume of 1.00 m3 has a mass of 2600 kg. What mass of small sand grains would have a total surface area (the total area of...

View more questions Search