Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hicheong Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Probability
    Suppose X is a continuous random variable denoting a specific measurement from a manufactured product (e.g. a volume). The quality loss from the manufacturing process leading to this product is
    defined as the expected value of c(X − m)^2 , where c is a conversion constant from the deviation in the desired value for X to monetary loss for the producers.

( i.) Suppose E(X ) = m and V (X ) = σ^2 . Determine the quality loss for this process.

(ii.) Suppose E(X ) = µ and V (X ) = σ^2 . Again, determine the quality loss for this process.

I have no idea how to start this! Please help.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability [ 5 Answers ]

In a management class of 100 students' three languages are offered as an additional subject viz. Hindi, English and Kannada. There are 28 students taking Hindi, 26 taking Hindi and 16 taking English. There are 12 students taking both Hindi and English, 4 taking Hindi and English and 6 that are...

Probability [ 6 Answers ]

1) Two cards are drawn in succession from a well shuffled pack of cards (without replacement). Find the probability that: I) both cards are red ii)both cards are the same colour iii) the cards are different colours 2) A box contains 7 red balls and 11 black calls. Two balls are taken out...

Probability [ 0 Answers ]

If p(A)=1/2;p(B)=1/3 and p(A п B)=1/4 ; find p(A’/B’)

Geometric probability, conditional probability with area of square [ 2 Answers ]

Chose a point at random in a square with sides 0<x<1 and 0<y<1. Let X be the x coordinate and Y be the y coordinate of the point chosen. Find the conditional probability P(y<1/2 / y>x).

MS probability [ 1 Answers ]

Who is more likely to get MS, men or women? (I'm trying to settle a debate here)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.