Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gkatherine36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Employment verification
    I was out the night before and I was drinking. I went to work the following evening and I was called off my route for a Radom dot drug and alcohol screening. The test came back positive for alcohol only. The levels where not high enough to charge me with a d.u.I. However they did discharge me for the small amount found in my urine because of the policy I was discharged from my position. I applied for another driving position with a different company and when they requested my verification of employment with the previous company they told them I was discharged for a positive dot, the company is exempt from dot policies they don't require your dot because it isn't needed to drive for that company and therefore a release of such information is not within the company policies. However the companies that I wish to apply for does require a dot back ground check. I don't have anything negative on my actual dot back ground. Can this company give out any medical back information without my consent as a verification of employment to the companies that I have recently applied too?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gkatherine36 View Post
    Can this company give out any medical back information without my consent as a verification of employment to the companies that I have recently applied too?
    Hello g:

If it WAS medical information, you'd have an argument... But, you weren't discharged for medical reasons, and the company can tell that to anyone.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Alcohol in your urine is not a medical record. Only health care providers are required to follow HIPAA laws. The Privacy Rule

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to...

European employment registration verification? [ 1 Answers ]

Is 441510 my personal registration at the european employment svc

No employment verification letter [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to find an example but have come up with nothing. I am trying to write a professional company letter showing there has never been an employee by that name working for our office. Can anyone provide me with some assistance?

Why would I need to pay self employment tax on employment settlement [ 1 Answers ]

My original question was regarding 1099 misc I can't find any informaiton regarding the rational of paying self employment tax on settlement when I was an employee of this company I found this documentation on a site regarding self employment. Also how can I determine what the award is replacing. ...

View more questions Search