Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbara0406 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 06:45 AM
    How do I go about getting my husband to adopt my children from another father?
    I live in the state of Missouri. I am trying to get some information on adoption. My situation is that I have two children from a previous relationship but never married and my husband has two children from a previous relation ship he was never married. We are trying to figure out how to adopt each others children. My children's father has been in and out of their lives in the past but has not seen them for a year now. He doesn't respond to my phone calls and he lives thirty minutes away in the next town yet I do not know where in town he lives no address etc. He doesn't pay child support or show any emotional support for his children. My husbands ex lives we believe in another state honestly the only contact we have for her is a grandfather in that state. Is it possible to adopt each others children with out involving the other parents because trying to get a hold of them is proving to be almost impossible. Can anyone point me to some good information on this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
    You need the consent of the "other" birth parent in order to adopt the children.

At any rate you need an Attorney to make certain the adoptions are legal and cannot be challenged.

I do not find a site that I trust to give 100% info in Missouri.

The "rules" are usually the same, and that's what I've stated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does my husband adopt my children [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know where the biological father of my 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son is and haven't seen or heard from him in a year and a half.my husband wants to be their legal father and my daughter and son want that more than anything in the world.how do we go about doing this?

Can my husband adopt my children they are 18 and 16 [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for 14 years married 8 years I have 2 children to different fathers who are unknown on the birth curtifacate they are 18 and 16 and have never seen their biological fathers as both left me when I was 3 month pregnant we would like to know if my husband can adopt them as...

My husband wants to adopt my 4 children. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 children by men who haven't played any type of role in my kids life, I want to have them sign over their rights and I would like to know how do or where do I start.

My husband want to adopt my children [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children. The first one is from my first husband and my youngest son is from a relationship. My first husband does not pay support nor does he bother or want to part of my daughters lives. They are ages 15 and 17. My husband of two years wants nothing more to take sole responsibility...

View more questions Search