Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesterbravo Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Calling police on sibling?
    I recently took my sister in after she decided to leave her boyfriend. In a heated argument this weekend she hit me a number of times. I told her to leave and she refused. I threatened to call the police so she would leave but she didn't, so I called them. My family are upset with me because I involved the police in a family matter. I'm trying to understand this mindset when I'm the one who's bruised and broken. Thoughts?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Tell those upset family member to actually help you out by taking your sister into their home. Battery should not be accepted from anyone, family or not. If your husband did this to you the cops would have taken him in and those family would probably be OK with it. For some unknow reason some folks feel a fight between two sisters is a fair fight, which it is not.
    jesterbravo Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Feb 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Thank you. Certainly wasn't a fair fight due to the difference in our sizes and I would never try to hurt her. Could've retaliated but didn't. Thank you
    holyguacamole Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Don't try to understand their mindset. They're wrong.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2012, 07:53 PM
    If your sister is old enough to live with a boyfriend, and then with you, she's old enough to know not to hit people. I think your actions were appropriate and your message to the family as a whole should be "If anyone over the age of 10 ever hits me, the police will be called. I'm not putting up with it. If you want to let people hit you, that's your decisions". Your sister has a heck of a way to thank you for giving her shelter and saving her from her own dumb action (moving in with her boyfriend). I would not let her move back in. Ever. I wonder if such behavior is otherwise permitted by your family members?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do when I have someone slandering me and calling the police [ 3 Answers ]

I am a step Grandma to my son's 2 step children a boy of 13 and a girl of 9. I have been the childcare provider for the children for the past 3 and a half years so we do spend most of our time together until on Fridays when their Grandmother picks them up for the weekends. To make a long story...

Police Harassment and how to sue the police department in East Dublin, GA 31027? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my friend have been harassed by the East Dublin Police for years. I was arrested in 2007 for a day and then I was release. I had a case where a young man stole from my Bank account and the police and the judge did not put this young man in prison. The young man is a hacker of the internet....

Theft. Police keep calling me. [ 37 Answers ]

This is in Canada. I worked in one of the liquor store, and badly got set up by the manager. My last week of work, the other worker didn't show up, I was working by myself. Then, the manager called me and asked me to prepare a list of alcohol for her. Due to she cannot come to pick up before...

Police have the option of calling for a needle loaded with a strong sedative [ 17 Answers ]

I-Team: Injection Used To Subdue Prisoners - Nashville News Story - WSMV Nashville This doesn't bode well...

Calling police on spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Should I call the police on my spouse and file a report if he takes all the phones out of the house with out my consent??

View more questions Search