Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Google search result shows good link but when clicked on, it goes to spam page.
    Can someone try this for me and tell me what is wrong?

Google st patrick church columbus ohio

The top result shows that it points to St. Patrick Church, Columbus, Ohio, but if you click on the search result link, you get a spam page.

... but going directly to St. Patrick Church, Columbus, Ohio lands on the right page.

I tried it in both Firefox and Internet Explorer and get the same results.

Is this a problem with Google?

I'd like to inform the people at the church about it but am not sure what to point them to as to what the problem is.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 07:42 AM
    PS. When clicking on the search result at Google, I get the following spam page:
    >Link Removed due to Malware< (even though the url shown under the search result correctly shows that it should be going to St. Patrick Church, Columbus, Ohio)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 22, 2012, 08:10 AM
    I tried it and it shut my browser down and told me I was under malware attack, click here to scan. I wasn't falling for that garbage.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 08:14 AM
    Ben, was that you that removed the malware link? If so, can you tell me what is going on with this? Odd, isn't it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 22, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Sorry mate I have no idea what's happening as I also had some odd results from Google using those terms.
    Oh yeah and my scanner lit up when I followed your posted link, hence the edit ;)

Same thing happens in Bing and Yahoo as well, very odd.
    Might have something to do with the actual search terms, but no idea, not my area..
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 08:20 AM
    Mine did too. I use a good program that blocks malware but still got to the link.

I have emailed the Church's website people to make them aware of the problem. Seems to me that the problem is on Google's end rather than a problem on the website since going directly to the site causes no problems.

Are there any gurus out there that can tell me what the problem is?. or tell me how to report this problem to Google?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home page, favorites work fine, if I do a Google or bing search, r: can't open page [ 1 Answers ]

I.E. Home page is MSN, I can open any link on that and works fine, If I do a new search on Google or bing, get can not open page. I have another computer at home that works fine, have compared settings and all are same. Please help.

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

When I click on a search result it won't go to that result [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I type in a search and get the results when I click on a result it will take me to a different site. The same happens sometimes in my address bar. Please help.

Link to part of a page that has no anchors? [ 2 Answers ]

In the case where there is no apparent anchor, is there a way that I can link to a section of a webpage? An example is our Experts & Moderators page: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showgroups.php Is there a way that I can make a hyperlink to the Administrators section in the same way that...

View more questions Search