Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mia209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2012, 03:57 AM
    Why do I feel so tired and without energy?
    I sleep at night but not the hours needed I have two little one who wakes up 2 times a night. Its so hard to get out of bed in the mornings and during the that I feel weak without energy doing simple house chores wear me out. I have no apetite and even tough I feel tired its hard to fall asleep at night. What's wrong with me?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 04:24 AM
    Hi mia209,

The simple answer would be that you don't get enough quality sleep, that you are getting up at night to tend to children, and that you aren't eating well. It wouldn't be at all surprising that you feel tired and lack energy.

When was the last time you had a check-up from your doctor? If it has been awhile, that would be a good place to start. Rule out any medical conditions that may be the cause or adding to the problem. It could be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency.

Is there anyway that you could have some temporary help at home? A partner, family member, friend to take on some of the chores. Even having someone to talk to while you work together can be helpful. Are you able to socialize with friends much... another mother, or perhaps a mother and child group that meets once in awhile?

Are you able to pamper yourself a bit now and then? Maybe a routine of a nice warm bath before bedtime. No television or computer a half an hour before bed. Set a routine for yourself just as you would for a child to help your body get set for sleep.

What keeps you awake? Thinking about all the things you need to still get done? Thinking about what you have to do the next day or what you didn't do today? Finances? Relationship concerns? Health concerns? All of those types of things can play a role in difficulty falling and staying asleep. If you find any of those, or perhaps other things, may be an issue, see what can be done about it. It may be retraining your thinking to accept that you won't be able to do it all. It is OK to let something go and put something's off until a later time.

Check your diet... if you aren't putting mostly healthy food choices in , you can't expect your body to work as well as it could. Do you turn more towards comfort foods, that may not be the best healthwise? See if any changes could be made in that area as well.

As you can see, there are so many factors that can play a role in how you are feeling. See the doctor first and then see what small changes you can make that may help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am always tired, what vits can I take which will help me feel better and less tired [ 1 Answers ]

I feel tired all the time, don't seem to have an energy and always seem to be ill if there is flu going around I pick it up. I can't exercise as much as I use to and I am still tired.

I feel tired all the time [ 3 Answers ]

I'm feeling very tired lately. I feel like I'm breathing, but I'm always not getting enough air. I don't know why. For some reason, I have to consciously breath, otherwise I would stop breathing. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. I have to tell myself to breathe, sometimes when I...

Always tired/no energy [ 12 Answers ]

I smoke cigarettes, and marijuana, and I was just wondering how a person might go about cleaning out their system. Always tired, and no energy, not normal for me. Any help would be great. Thankx

Cold, tired and just feel poorly [ 5 Answers ]

Often cold, cold from the inside out, tired, restless sleeps, depressed, when sitting hurts to get up and walk, some times bones hurt, just generally not feeling well for years I am 45 suggestions ? It is not arthritis.

Ex Addict - Energy Levels are low - I stay tired [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am now exactly 9 months clean. My drug of choice was crack cocaine but I feel that my energy levels are dropping drastically despite trying everything. Please advise what I can do to increase my concentration and energy levels:confused:

View more questions Search