Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dahl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2003, 07:48 AM
    Pathology
    Hi,

How do I go about becoming a Pathologist? I'm eghteen and am doing my A-levels in Biology, Psychology and English. I have not been able to find an answre to my question.

Dahl
    bellbox Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2004, 12:42 AM
    Pathology
    Generally, you go to medical school and then do your residency in a pathology program.
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 28, 2004, 07:42 AM
    Pathology
    Pathologist are medical doctors. To get into medical school you need to take two semesters plus labs of the following courses: inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, Biology, physics and Englich I an II. You also need to take the MCAT exam. There might be other general requirements to get in to a particular school. Try this site for more information:

http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~acadadv/premed2.html

You can major in any field that you want in college as long as you fulfill the general requiremennts to get into medical school. Another site full of pertinent information is:

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/start.htm

Good luck anns study hard!
    CompletelyBroken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2004, 11:30 AM
    Pathology
    Hello,
    So you want to be a pathologist? Welcome to the club. Why don't you try to enroll as an undergraduate student first? Take some basic courses, see if you are interested and capable of withstanding a rigorous college curriculum. If you ever reach medical school, you can bet it will be hard-core. Visit a local college campus and speak with an adviser. Don't worry about a post-graduate degree before thinking about the arduous work you will have simply to graduate with a Bachelor's. In other words (hackneyed, I know) you can't walk before you crawl. Good Luck.
    Mark
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2006, 07:05 PM
    I can as others have, determined you are not in the US, so where do you wish to be one at?

The best place to find the answer is to go or call a medical doctor in your area.

The training will be different in variouis nations.

In the US, you will need to go to undergraduate studiens ( college) then medical school, then special education. It will be years and years of study in the US costing tens of thousand of dollars.
    AdmitRx Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2006, 10:44 PM
    It is probably best that you stay working under the medical school curriculum in the UK. I am quite sure it would be something that you wouldn't want to backtrack to in the states.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Hi,
    As others have stated, you must attend College or a University, or Medical School. Talk with your school Counselor, to get leads on these in your local area. You can then see the required courses you will need to take.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2006, 07:37 AM
    Well I hope by now that Dahl has gotten into a good pre-med program, if he still wants to be a doctor and a pathologist. He posted the question in June of 2003, over 2 years ago!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 09:38 AM
    I don't mind old threads that pop back up. I'm sure dahl is long gone w/ just 2 posts. But the info can be useful to other readers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search