Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isaiah1414 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
    How to repair a broken delta faucet 1700?
    My faucet is broken the water want even turn on unless I twist it a lot of times and I see what is broken it's the gear thing how do I take it out and how much does it coast
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Remove the handle (after you turn off water under sink) and you will see a nut that holds the stem onto the faucet body. Remove that and the stem comes out. You can buy a replacement if you take the stem to Home Depot or Lowe's, or another supply store. The stem is expensive, but you can also get a repair kit much cheaper. You can download an exploded view of the faucet here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Delta_Faucets.pdf
    This is an easy job that everyone needs to know how to do. You will need a regular and Phillips screwdriver plus a 10-12 inch adjustable wrench. I do not know the condition of the stem so there is no way to know if it can be repaired or whether you need an entire stem. Stems are expensive costing around $100 or more whereas the repair kit is around $7.00.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delta 1700 series monitor shower faucet [ 10 Answers ]

This has no allen screws and was installed in 2005 when the house was built. I went from an occasional drip to a steady drip. I looked at all the local stores and they do not carry the cartridge. So, I ordered one online. Now, how to install it properly?

How do I turn on the shower on a delta 1700 series faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I can not get any water to come out of the shower head on a Delco 1700 Series faucet . It is at my sons house he is selling. I wonder if I'm operating it right I turn the big handle to CCW and the little one CCW too.Is there something to pull or push? Than you wernerk PS This maybe a double post.

Delta kitchen faucet repair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the seats and springs in a Delta single handle pullout kitchen sink faucet

View more questions Search