Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sapoluman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Genie pro 88 CLOSES but does not OPEN
    My Genie Pro 88 closes, but does not open. I can hear clicking coming from the black little boxes (on the circuit board) and the lights come on, but it will not open. I also checked the jumper plug and the connection is perfectly fine. I also checked the grounding points and they are all secured without any issues. I see a lot of closing issues, and very little of opening. I don't know what the problem is with my opener. Does someone have a solution? Thanks.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Hit the open button , pull up on the door if it opens the door is in a bind,lube rollers.
    Luck
    sapoluman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 12:35 AM
    My springs, the door, rollers, and mechanics are properly lubed and functioning perfectly. I can lift my door with a finger. It is definitely not the mechanics but the circuitry.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Check the drive gear in the unit make sure its engaging all the way.
    Martinez_5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Hi my name is Sam, and I'm having the same problem. What does "bind" mean?
    mcelgiraffe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 09:13 AM
    I had a similar problem that I was able to fix. Unplug the AC power and remove the cover. There should be a single screw securing the circuit board. Remove the screw and the circuit board will slide out. Look at the bottom side of the circuit board where the pins from the connector are soldered down. On mine the very end pin was burned and fused open so the connection from the relay (what you hear clicking) did not have an electrical path to the motor. I soldered a short jumper in place and it solved the problem. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Genie pro 88 [ 0 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 only opens and closes with the remote occasionally. I have cleaned the unit and tightened the screws. It works perfectly pushing the button, but with the remote it ddoesn't always respond. Can you please help me ?

Genie Pro 88--Clicks but won't open [ 9 Answers ]

My old Genie Pro 88 clicks and the light comes on but won't open--intermittent, sometimes works sometimes not. I see no adjustment screws anywhere on this thing.

Genie Pro 88 [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the Genie Pro 88. Currently the 4-wire wall control (white, black, green yellow) and the remote signal receiver (12 pin) seem to conflict and stop each other from working because I don't have the wiring correct (just bought the house and the wires were...

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

Genie Pro 88 will not open electrically [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 Garage Door Opener. It had a hard-wired opener on the outside of the garage and I also had a portable opener that I kept in my car. Everything was working fine and then one day, I hit the button on the opener in my car & the Door opened only a little bit then went down. I...

View more questions Search