Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddiehersr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Transmitter wiring
    My Avian fan transmitter is wired but need to know what black wire ith tape is for. Aground or to transmit
    whatnow_sa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 03:20 PM
    What other color wires do you have..?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
    A "Black" wire with tape? My guess is that there is damage to the black wire.

If it is a White wire with black tape on it, it means (most often) that the White (Neutral) conductor has been re-tasked as a Hot conductor and is no longer a Neucral conductor.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Transmitter or receiver?

If it's what I think it is that is not tape it is heat shrink, and it is the antenna. DO NOT cut it.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
    I have to say it again, as I just did in two other threads, photos will help greatly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring minka wall transmitter [ 0 Answers ]

How exactly is the Minka fan transmitter wired correctly. Is a hot wire required between the transmitter and the fan? I had hoped it was a simple matter of wiring the white and black wires from the wall box to the two transmitter wires, but I read elsewhere that this transmitter must be wired in...

Wiring minka wall transmitter [ 0 Answers ]

How exactly is the Minka fan transmitter wired correctly. Is a hot wire required between the transmitter and the fan? I had hoped it was a simple matter of wiring the white and black wires from the wall box to the two transmitter wires, but I read elsewhere that this transmitter must be wired in...

Pressure transmitter [ 2 Answers ]

How can we check pressure transmitter without applying any pressure to it?

Ceiling fan wiring with transmitter, remote, and 2 switches? [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a few other fans in the house that didn't have remotes and they were very easy to install/wire. I am trying to install an outdoor ceiling fan at my house which is brand new and had a prewire installed during construction. The fan I am installing in a Hampton Bay Veranda II which has...

S-video Transmitter PC to TV [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know if I can send a wireless visual signal from my computer to my TV. I can hook a laptop up with a s-video cable directly to the TV, but I really want to signal to be wirless from my PC to my TV. If so, how much would this cost and how can I do it and what are the parts needed. ...

View more questions Search