Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Watterlillies Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Motorola Modem SURF SB 6121
    I have purchased this modem for my Comcast Internet. I have a desktop and a laptop. Each time I change the connection from one computer to another, I receive an error message about the modem. I have to turn the modem off, wait for a few seconds, and turn on agai. Then it works OK.

What is the solution for this? Should I return the modem to the store? Should I work with Comcast to resolve this problem?
    whatnow_sa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Get a router... plain && simple..
    When you switch devices like that, you're applying a new MAC address and modems don't like that... lol.. so, just get a wireless router and your PC can have a hard connection while the laptop conbects via wifi..
    $30 solution...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telabs 8110 modem ican I used it as leased line modem [ 3 Answers ]

In my office there is a Tellabs 8110 modem from where internet is connected . Is it is a leased line modem or it is a fixed ip broadband modem :)

Broadband Modem & Modem with Router (DSL-2640B) [ 1 Answers ]

When I'm connecting broadband using D-Link ADSL broadband Modem, the connected computer will connect to Internet after verifying username and password. If I'll replace that modem with D-Link DSL-2640B (A broadband ADSL Modem WiFi router) then will this router can connect to Internet automaticall...

SM56 Motorola Internal Modem [ 4 Answers ]

I have installed a modem of unknown brand with a motorolla sm56 chip onto a windows xp computer. It refuses to work properly and comes up with the error "The Device Cannot Start (Error Code 10)". I have tried every different driver I can find for the chip but nothing makes any difference. I have...

Sm56 internal motorola dial up modem [ 4 Answers ]

Just purchased a new PC with a motorola sm 56 internal dial up modem there are 3 accounts on the PC .the first person to open the internet conn is fine but if that person logs off and leaves the net conn open for another account user to use when they log on its telling them the net is connected but...

View more questions Search