Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daisy2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Time Value of Money
    How do I work this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Henson Company wishes to accumulate $500,000 by May 1, 2012 by making 8 equal annual deposits beginning May 1, 2004 to fund paying 8% interest compounded annually. What is the required amount of each deposit?

a) $87,008
    b) $47,007
    c) $43,525
    d) $50,390
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Feb 17, 2007, 10:33 PM
    B) $47,007
    dmatos Posts: 204, Reputation: 26

Feb 18, 2007, 10:19 AM
    This site is more useful if you help someone to determine the correct answer, rather than just providing it. Daisy, you should be able to find in your economics book some equations for determining the final value after N years of annual deposits of X dollars at I interest rate. If not, 8 years is short enough that you can work it out manually:

First year's value at the end of the term:
    X*(1+I)^8
    Second year's value at the end of the term:
    X*(1+I)^7
    and so on. You know I, and you know what the sum of all of them should be.

X*[(1+I)^8+(1+I)^7+.. . (1+I)^1] = 500,000

Solve for X
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Feb 18, 2007, 03:42 PM
    There isn't a whole lot to explain. Just enter the figures into a TVM calculator and it will spit out the answer. Periods=8, Future Value=500,000, Present Value=0, Interest=%8, calculate for payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Time value of money [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with these two questions... How much must be deposited at the beginning of each year in order to accumulate $10,000 in four years if interest is at 9%? Patented processes that will result in cash receipts of $2,500 at the end of each of the next four years and a ballon receipt...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search