Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooperkm0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Am I hired
    I had two interviews with prospective company. I signed an offer letter and W/9 pending background and drug screen.
    I took my drug screen and I know all will be good. Problem is background check will show a DUI in 5/09 and 02/10.
    On put that information on the application the same day I signed the offer letter. What are my odds I will get the job?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
    No one can give you odds on this. Best bet is to make a follow up call to the company to see what the status is. My recommendation would be to NOT mention the DUIs, but to simply say "I am following up on the status of the position that was offered me"... and see where it goes from there.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
    It really all depends on who else was interviewed. If there are others with same or better qualifications but no criminal record, they will most likely be hired.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 08:08 AM
    If the job involves driving for the company, even errands, you may find difficulty. Sorry to say but most insurance companies will not cover a driver with 2 DUI's in 3 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Did you include these arrests on your application? Were you asked about it?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
    The asker did say that s/he did disclose the previous DUI offenses.
    cooperkm0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 04:04 PM
    I was asked on application and I did disclose it. The position does not involve driving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed about not being hired anywhere! [ 1 Answers ]

So for the past 2 years I have been really struggling to find work. Every time I get offered a position somewhere that I really want, I ALWAYS end up getting screwed over. For example, a woman hired me to work in her store as an artist and assistant, but she was just trying to get free help. When I...

Getting hired if you have misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

Would most employers not hire you if you have a misdemeanor charge on your record

Does an employer have to tell me why I am not being hired [ 1 Answers ]

Is an employer legally obligated to give an applicant the reason for their not being hired?

Why should I be hired? [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I am appearing for an interview for the first time in WIPRO BPO. What shall I answer when they ask why shall we hire you?

Getting hired with a dwi [ 2 Answers ]

I Was Going To Get Hired By The City Of Mcallen And They Ran A Background Check On Me And It Came Back That It Had A Dwi On 04-19-97. This Position Is For A Custodian And It Has No Info On Dwi. They Sent Me A Letter Say They Found Out I Had A Dwi And That It Was Ganna Be Part Of The Hiring Process....

View more questions Search