Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCLW4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 11:27 PM
    Motorcycle help... Suzuki clutch replaced, now won't start
    Hey all,
    I'm having a problem, big 1!
    I replaced my clutch lever on my Suzuki GSXR 750 R, and now the bike won't start. I tok the battery in to a shop and they said No WAY, it was the battery! Please, please help, my only transportation at this time!
    Thank you much!
    Jeremy
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 06:40 AM
    Do you have a clutch safety(can't start bike unless clutch is pulled in)?
    JCLW4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 10:34 AM
    Thanks for your response man!
    I didn't know I had one if it did. I know for a fact it's not the battery. It started with the lever broken and *** soon as I installed the new one it started clicking. The shop wants to charge me 80 bucks to fix it, crazy for what he said is a 10 minute job
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
    If it is clicking, it may be low battery or a loose connection, and NOT a clutch safety.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start. I keep turning it over but it never cranks. It only has 150 hours on it

Replaced the radiator and added antifreeze and replaced masterclynoid won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 96 honda civic won't start. I replaced the radiator and the mastercylnoid to the clutch, bleed clutch line. Sensors were not replaced.. took out air conditioner.. recharged battery.. will not start. It turns over but will not start.

Just replaced the clutch cable on Pouran Pro riding lawn mower. Now it won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Was starting fine before replacing the clutch cable now it won't start or even click. I have checked for wires that may have been disconnected, I have tried jumping it or starting it from the solonoid and I have checked the battery cables and the fuse. Nothing works and I'm thinking maybe a safety...

2000 Dakota still intermittently noisey after Fan clutch replaced. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge dakota 4x4 with 4.7 ltr engine 123,000 miles. No codes and operates very well... I have recently had the tranny rebuilt <1000 miles ago and replaced the Fan clutch. Before and after the above repairs I have had a persistent and annoying sound which starts at start up for...

View more questions Search