Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmzcrrazi Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Really bad inner ankle pain while I jog
    I run once in a while for at least 30 minutes and half way through that 30 minutes my inner ankles start to hurt. At first it used to be just my right ankle and now it's both. I have to stop running just because it hurts too much. Sometimes I try to just ignore it, but it gets worse. I looked it up and a lot of websites say its posterior tibial tendon. I went and bought KT tape to see if that would help and at first I thought it was helping until the pain started again. Does anyone know what I can do? Maybe I'm not stretching right or running right. I need help please!
    leeleelu2112 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Well it could actually be something like shin splints, or a tight calf muscle. I used to have a sharp pain in both of my ankles too, and so I got someone to have a look at it. If you want to continue running, I would suggest doing so on soft surfaces. Do you have much of an arch in your foot? If not, that can be one of the causes, so you should get some inner soles in your shoes that support your foot's arch. When I did these things, the pain in the ankles went away for a while. But it was only a temporary fix (it lasted about 8 months). I eventually did start getting the pain back again, and so I decided to stop running, and do a lower impact form of exercise. Swimming, rowing and bike riding are all good alternatives. I would also suggest taking some calcium supplements and fish oil tablets, which help with joint inflammation and your bones. I hope this has been helpful! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shhoting pain in right ankle [ 2 Answers ]

My right ankle gets shooting pain and it feels like burning and needels going in and out of my ankle. It started yesterday and the pain goes and comes. I have no insurance because I lost my job, and I can't go to Dr. Please can you help me.

Ankle pain upon standing up... [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all! Been a while since I've been on here, but alas, I have a question! Back in July (July 17th, to be exact), I was doing something stupid and turned my ankle. It hurt for a bit afterward, but I don't like doctors and could still walk on it, so I didn't do anything, let alone visit the...

Foot & Ankle Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My husband ( 56 yrs. Old ) fell about 2 yrs. Ago and injured his left foot and ankle he went to the doctors, she gave him a coritsone injection the shot gave him some relief for a little while she also fit him for inserts to put in shoes but they caused him to have more pain. It's 2 yrs. Later and...

Pain on shoulder and lower left ab during jog [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I go jogging (basically every day), I get this sharp pain at the very tip of my shoulder and lower left abdomen. Is this normal? I have been jogging 6 miles every day for four weeks now.

View more questions Search