Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaunda65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Help in un-password protecting a document
    I password protected an Excel document. When I access the document, the system does not ask for a password, instead it asked for 25 product key for Microsoft 2007. I am unable to edit any of the dox(Word or Excel) on my notebook because it says something about being compatible.
    Is my issue the password or the Microsoft issue? Do I need to upgrade my Microsoft, because person I purchased the notebook from does not remember receiving a CD to load it?

Need Help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Can you access the document from ANOTHER machine with excel 2007 or higher?

What that message indicates is you have a pirated copy of that program on your machine, and its asking for a valid key to work.. thats you rfirst problem... if you can open the document on another machine it will ask you for the password, and you can unprotect it from there as I assume you know the password.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 21, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Do a save as and resave the file without password protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove password from a zip folder I created & added a password to in XP Pro? [ 0 Answers ]

Any way to remove the password that I created to protect my desktop folder in XP Pro after I made it a zip file & created the password?

Convert a vista word document to an office 2003 word document [ 1 Answers ]

How can I convert a vista word document to an office 2003 word document?

Password protecting folders [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way in windows xp to password protect a folder of information? I know I can protect certain files depending on the program that created them. Looking to protect a group of files from different programs. Thanks

Password protecting a folder [ 1 Answers ]

How can you password protect a folder on your desktop?

View more questions Search