Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Drugs in schools?!
    My little sister goes to a middle school where she sees other kids doing drugs in the bathrooms. She has reported this multiple times and the principal hasn't done anything about it. I've tried calling the school, leaving messages and no one will call me back. Should I just call the police? Or should I find another way to shed some light on this? I'm very concerned that my little sister is going to a school that refuses to acknowledge things of this severity.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 20, 2012, 01:08 PM
    I would start by contacting the Principal for an in-person discussion. You could also contact the Dean to ask for meeting and find out if the school has a liaison (police) officer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 01:13 PM
    If going to the principal doesn't work, try going to the board of education.
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
    I have already called the school to talk to the principal though, if they won't call me back, it's hard to set up an in-person discussion. Looks like I'm going to the board with this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
    The school I am sure knows that kids are using and have drugs, there are drugs in all of the schools. In fact your child could be in serious danger if they find out she is telling the school who is doing it and things about it.

The school most likely has a resource officer ( in school police officer) and you can contact them. But normally the kids doing this will have a look out for school staff and will seldom get caught.

My honest answer is for her to mind her own business, not get involved and just do her studies.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 05:33 AM
    She had been minding her own business until one of the students over-dosed and died. Imagine living with that on your shoulders. I feel so bad for the things she goes through.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Did the school board listen to your concerns?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicago Schools [ 8 Answers ]

Chi-town's school system is a disgrace and a mess. The personal feifdom of the Daley family ,it has consistently underperformed with students going on the achieve a batchelor degree about half the national average;with a high dropout rates, with around half of students failing to graduate for the...

Are city schools or ruaral schools better? [ 5 Answers ]

Are city schools or ruaral schools better in your opinions? What are the pros and cons for each type?

Changing Schools [ 6 Answers ]

I Will Be Changing Schools Next Year To A Catholic School, I Am Now Currently In A Public School. I Am Not Catholic But I Go To A Christan Church Group Sometimes. My Mum Isn't Very Happy About The Schools Since I Have Had 6 S.O.S.E Teachers This Year, And Around 3 English Teachers, The School...

Nursing schools [ 1 Answers ]

Im from N.J. and I am a junior right now, I am thinking about pursuing a career in the medical field any good choices for colleges?

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search